1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

09 / 10's Who are the ones getting it done.

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Coach 27, Apr 20, 2007.

1. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

I can't say much but Wossa is dead on. 2 freshmen pitchers have given the varsity about 8-12 innings each. Ben and DeSean have definitely earned their spot. That's all I should say. They are close friends. The two sophomores Wossa mentions have played very well.

2. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

Having watched these kids this season, they are excellent players that will continue to develop and improve!!

Trey Davis (09) is a kid that has done a very solid job for us behind the dish this year. He stands to be a very good catcher in the future...

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  3. TMJ

TMJ Full Access Member

Tyler Tewell...Butler.....Sophmore who can hit...You'll hear more from him for sure!!!

4. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

Trey Davis 09 catcher Roxboro HS

Im glad Coach Evans mentioned this young man. We played them three times this year and everytime I saw him he was better and better. The kid works so hard behind the plate and has alot of tools. I have no doubt this kid is going to be an outstanding catcher for the next two years for Coach Evans Rockets.

5. catcher10

catcher10 Full Access Member

SW4A

Three '09s come to mind in the SW4A.

Richie Shaffer (Providence) - Second batter with the ability to drive in runs. Power hitter, solid defense, and will be successful on the mound once given a full time opportunity.

Ryan Stetson (AK) - Lead off batter with power, speed, and tracks down everything in CF. Ryan can beat out an infield hit and steal a base or take it deep.

Tyler Tewell (Butler) - Plays error free ball in RF, strong arm, and sprays the ball to all fields. Second batter that does what is necessary to move runners over or get on base for the big bats behind him.

All are batting .400+ on strong teams loaded with talent.

6. dakota44

dakota44 Member

Tough Breaks at Davie

Ryan Carter (09) of Davie County is having a good year pitching for the War Eagles, but he has caught alot of bad breaks. He has a record of 3-1, but that could easily be 6-1 or even 7-0. We all know how the game of baseball is. He is only 15, but he has went up against some of the toughest pitchers in the CPC. He went head-to-head with Michael Velton of Mt. Tabor for 7 complete innings, leaving with a tie score of 2-2. Bryan King picked up the victory in extra innings. He also started both East Rowan games, getting a no decision in both, but could have picked up the win in that crazy game down at East, where Davie lost a 9-3 lead. He pitched 5 innings against South Rowan, but Davie's offense was sluggish that night, with only 1 hit thru 5 innings. Bryan King picked up the win for pitching the 6th and 7th when Davie made the offensive comeback. He also pitched a complete game shut-out against West Rowan early in the season, going up against Weston Church. His only loss was to North Davidson, going up against Zach White for 6 innings. Zach Howard just missed a homer that could have tied that one up. But thru all the tough breaks, he has managed 59 strikeouts and a team low .ERA of 1.80. Should be one to keep an eye on for the next two years!

7. spacedawg

spacedawg Full Access Member

orange county hs

J. T. Pope (09) Catcher- started every game and handles the pitchers well, good swing as well

Jake Manzulich (09) LHP- #2 pitcher behind Kernodle, has pitched great in big games

Braden Reitano (10) IF/OF- has filled in at short b/c of an injury to junior Marquis Riley, can play any INF or OF position with a little pitching on the side, hitting over .350.

Joseph Winecoff (09) RHP- has pitched well too, mainly in middle relief, 6'1, 250, "Big Country"

8. gamecock

gamecock Junior Member

Anybody heard about the Pope kid at North Meck batting close to .500 pitching high 80s low 90s big kid

9. Kevin11

Kevin11 Full Access Member

Top '09

My pick would be Tyler Vaughn, Hayesville....'09

This may be the best line drive, contact hitter to either side of the diamond I have seen lately, non senior. Has great bat control and quick hands, striking him out is all but impossible. As he continues to grow, and his power catches up with his average, he may be one of the best bats in the state.

10. 4-6-3-DP

4-6-3-DP Full Access Member

Stetson is a kid I had never heard of before having the chance to see him in action against Butler. I had him from home to 1st at 4.08 and 4.11 on full swings. He showed some bat speed that night along with getting good reads from the OF. I sat with a pro scout that night that had already tagged him. This kid has all sorts of pro potential. It will be interesting to follow him over the next couple of years.