1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

#1 Butler Vs #2 South Caldwell

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by 007, May 18, 2007.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

All I would say is....you better arrive early. They are very limited in seating and standing room only. They collect for tickets when you arrive to park. If you are not early....good luck. There is not a HS in the city that could hold 4,000 fans.

It has been a long time since Charlotte has had a game like this. People in Charlotte don't believe me when I tell them how many people will be there. They think they can come fashionably late and have no problem finding a place to stand....fuggitaboutit....If you are not there early, you risk not getting in.

Someone please take pictures and post on TBR.

I'm in Greenville NC checking out Rose and Pitt Co legion team...please keep a running thread tomorrow night. It may be the only way to keep up with the game.

This game will be like a rival football game. It will be loud and crazy and one the players will never forget....centerfielder#8 will love this atmosphere. He will be looking around trying to find his pads and helmet

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  2. patsfansince85

patsfansince85 Yes, really!

No doubt Braves. Someone has to take pics and post.

Wish I could be there myself. A running thread would be awesome.

Prediction: SC: 2, Butler: 0 (maybe extra innings to spice it up a bit).

3. catcher10

catcher10 Full Access Member

What do the fans have to do with the abilities of either team? This game will be played if no fans show up, both sides will still play their best. The 2007 Butler players or fans can not change the way CMS constructed the baseball field or CMS rules / regulations. Having said that, I have not heard anything about limiting fans (I'm sure "the gate" wants as many $5 bills as it can collect). I wish Butler had a field as nice as SC, but they don't and it ain't gonna change by tomorrow at 7pm. There are a limited number of good seats; once those are gone it will be tough for the remainder of the crowd to see the field and they usually start letting people in around 5:30pm. Let these two very good teams play baseball and the rest of us just enjoy what hopes to be a good game. Play well and stay healthy.

"freakin riot squad awaitin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" over getting into a baseball game? Matthews police will be on hand and if you get out of line...., they don't care if you made a 2 hour trip or live right around the block.

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

If I had to hazard a guess, I would say the maximum that Butler could hold would be 1,000...and that would be squeezin'...they need to set up a jumbotron in the parking lot

5. centerfielder#8

centerfielder#8 Full Access Member

yeh for real i played there a few years ago and it was real small

6. catcher10

catcher10 Full Access Member

Parking may be another issue! When I arrived last Friday evening, the back parking lot was already full with the softball crowd.

7. jccunc1

jccunc1 29ers Fan

Local Radio Coverage?

Does anyone know if Butler games are carried on the local radio and if so what is the station? WJRI 1340 AM in Lenoir will carry all of South Caldwell games but it will not do me any good being in Charlotte.

8. TriadMan23

TriadMan23 Full Access Member

I will be attending tomorrows game, making a long drive because I believe these are the two best teams in North Carolina..

To tell the truth, I'll be rooting for Butler

However, haha, South Caldwell is the better team, they are the favorites, and they will probably be victorious tomorrow night. Of course its not for sure, or else I wouldnt make the trip; if anyone has a shot beat South Caldwell, it's Butler. But Butler fans need to quit acting like they're the best team only because thye have "half" the losses South Caldwell has this season.

I saw Anson County play and was not impressed, and I know Butler lost to them. What was the score of that game?

9. BulldogFan3

BulldogFan3 Full Access Member

ok first off baseball fan quit crying:bigcry:about us trying to one up yall two ill never let yall turn my house into home field advantage and and three hopefully everyone that wants to see the game gets to but i think im going a little bit earlier than planned now but ill see all of you there and hope everyone enjoys the game, the butler fans a little morre

10. SCSportsFan

SCSportsFan Junior Member

Anybody else think it's strange that Dogs 24 claims Butler has the #1 student section in the state, yet Catcher 10 doesn't see the benefit of a large, and noisy cheering section????

Don't get me wrong, you're right that the fans don't play the game, but they sure can be intimidating and beneficial in key moments. If you were there last year in the North Forsyth series you'd know what I mean.

Hope the SC crowd does the Spartans proud!!!!

As for blaming you guys for a small facility. We know it's not your fault. But... it doesn't mean we have to like it. At this round of the playoffs, there should be a larger facility.