1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

1st Round Playoff Scores

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Low & Slow, May 12, 2011.

1. southeast12

southeast12 Member

Fuquay advances with a 10 - 2 win over Riverside.......Game was finished tonight at the Old Durham Bulls Athletic Park

2. JM15

JM15 Moderator

Fuquay @ Holly Springs 2nd Rd...

Not too shabby.

3. Low & Slow

Low & Slow Full Access Member

Very impressive! Many were looking for Davie to go deep into the playoffs and be a challenger to AK and Providence in the 4A west. Congrats to Butler and their fine pitcher....

4. Hkybaseball1

Hkybaseball1 Junior Member

In 2nd round action tonight:
    Watauga 16 Alexander Central 6

5. tarheelg61581

tarheelg61581 Member

All But One First Round Score in

per poster on ncpreps: Pine Forest over Garner 9-1

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  6. HotCorner#33

HotCorner#33 Member

Congrats to Butler

Way to go BIG D. Good to here those Old Slammers doing Well.

Good Luck Tonight.:woot::woot::woot:

7. aguyyouknow

aguyyouknow Yogi Fan

Welcome to the SW4A (Again)

First of all let me say "I hate one and done."

Now, having said that here is a partial list of the other nice non-league wins Butler had this year.

Butler 1, Weddington 0
    Butler 6, Hopewell 5 (11 innings)
    Butler 5, Hough 2
    Butler 3, Marvin Ridge 2 - 12 innings

In the SW4A every night is a playoff game. Butler was 8-6 in the league this year and finished 4th behind Providence, Ardrey Kell and South Mecklenburg. Just like 7 of the 8 teams in the league they have the ability to beat absolutely anybody on any given night.

They proved how dangerous the SW4A is again with this 1-0 win over Davie. Last year a 5th place Myers Park team advanced and advanced and advanced until somebody finally got the best of them.

8. Bulldogsbacker

Bulldogsbacker Full Access Member

Former Matthews Slammers

Copy that HOTCORNER#33 , I could not be more proud of the boys that proudly wore the yellow and green for the Matthews Slammers. Shellhorn, Hummel, Larson, Eisenbath, Barnette, Bostic, Blaylock, Oliver, Ryan, Pierce, Stack, Gau
    not to mention the others I forgot.......good stuff !!

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  9. tonyfossas

tonyfossas Full Access Member

One and done is awful.........every round best 2 of 3

I had always wondered how those Texas and Georgia teams played so many games when I would see the Top 25 rankings in high school baseball. Well its because they play every round as a best 2 of 3 series. Think about those teams with 3 legitimate good arm's compared to the team that just has one, and on any given day that team with one beats the team that has three arms.

Some people will just say thats the way it goes but baseball is not a once a week thing like football. The saying "its all about who is on the bump" is true. Its sad some high school careers have to end because of one game. If thats the case, make the regional and state championship one game playoffs too! A true state champion is one that plays well over time not one that might have a hiccup in Round 2 or 3 and get beat by an inferior opponent.

10. Eagles 1313

Eagles 1313 Full Access Member

I like the idea tony...only problem is these games would have to be something like Thursday, Friday, Saturday which isnt a problem for the kids, but when you start talking about traveling around the state it gets rather expensive and I think that is why the state went to one site for western/eastern regionals last year. Just think (this is an example) North Brunswick (Leland, NC) has to travel to First Flight (Kill Devils Hill, NC) today for a 2nd round match up. That's a pretty lengthy trip and if it was a 3 game series, there is a lot of money spent on travel. Just an example of why they probably keep it to one and done until the regionals. Just my opinion though