1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2 More Years And It's Over For Me !!!

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Softball Guru, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Dawgfan

Dawgfan Full Access Member

Opinions yes' attacks no. Id just like to know where you are coming from.
    Hey here's an idea Just DON'T open a thread started by him.
    Ray

2. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

Also you can also go to the User Control Panel and select Edit Ignore List and add user to the list. Then you will not see any post by that user. hope that helps.

3. jfagala

jfagala Full Access Member

I will admit to everyone here I am the biggest baby when it comes to my girls that could ever live.

I cried like somebody took my candy at every graduation (pre school, elem, middle school, all of them) that they have been through.

I have 2 more years of dirt time with the first one, 10-11 more basketball years with the second one, and 12+ (I hope) years of tennis with #3. (she is my little retirement package...what???? just being honest. :orbit:)

Hey,
    Just cause it is Guru's time of the, well, you know, he is a sensitive cat who cares deeply for his daughter. We all do....

I know plenty who have chimed in on the thread who have beautiful kids and you think about "then end of the road" often....

It is just a stage in life..you let 'em grow up and move on to the next stage. That is where you get to meet your "future ex son in law" :blush5: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT ABOVE STATEMENT, SEE BELOW:

APPLICATION FOR PERMISSION TO DATE MY DAUGHTERS

NOTE: This application will be incomplete and rejected unless accompanied by a complete financial statement, job history, lineage, and current medical report from your doctor.

NAME_____________________________________ DATE OF BIRTH____________

HEIGHT___________ WEIGHT____________ IQ__________ GPA_____________

SOCIAL SECURITY #_________________ DRIVERS LICENSE #________________

BOY SCOUT RANK AND BADGES__________________________________________

HOME ADDRESS_______________________ CITY/STATE___________ ZIP______

Do you have parents? ___Yes ___No
    Is one male and the other female? ___Yes ___No
    If No, explain: _____________________________________________________________

Number of years they have been married ______________________________

If less than your age, explain

Daddy's Rules for Dating
    Your dad's rules for your boyfriend (or for you if you're a guy) :

Rule One:
    If you pull into my driveway and honk you had better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up.

Rule Two:
    You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them..

Rule Three:
    I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose this compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, in order to ensure that your clothes do not, in fact come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric nail gun and fasten your trousers securely in place to your waist.

Rule Four:
    I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a 'Barrier method' of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate, when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you.

Rule Five:
    It is usually understood that in order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is: 'early.'

Rule Six:
    I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make you cry.

Rule Seven:
    As you stand in my front hallway , waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process than can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge . Instead of just standing t here, why don't you do something useful, like changing the oil in my car?

Rule Eight:
    The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter: Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool. Places where there is darkness. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka zipped up to her throat. Movies with a strong romantic or sexual themes are to be avoided; movies which feature chain saws are okay. Hockey games are okay. Old folks homes are better. ;

Rule Nine:
    Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a potbellied, balding, middle-aged, dimwitted has-been. But on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not mess with me.

Rule Ten:
    Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming in over a rice paddy near Hanoi . When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveway you should exit the car with both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car - there is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face at the window is mine

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  4. Dawgfan

Been threre

John
    Been there done that (the application LOL) Was even cleaning my guns first time he visited, Neither worked and I have proof in the form of a great Son-in-law, and a new grandson.

5. jabo

jabo jabo

Thanks John

Two more years and it's just beginning. Wow, that's a good way to look at it. The next chapter may be better than the last, and I hope is its for every one here. I want to make the most of what we have and not worry about the other.

6. frenchie

frenchie Member

Nice John.Where can get a copy of that for Austyn's boyfriend.

7. Dawgfan

Jabo.
    It has been for me. Getting to watch my 10yo DGD play is awesome my friend. Im just now learning what a fourtunate man Cometfan is.

8. NathanCullars

NathanCullars Full Access Member

Hope You don't mind, John.....

Hope you don't mind, but I printed your application for future use. You should definately patent that one! It is the BEST that I have seen! It's very clear and to the point, with no grey area..... Yes, it'll definately come in handy. Now, I will go and make 100 copies.........

I personally love the idea of the nail gun.....never thought of that, but definately a great idea....

9. marlinfan1

marlinfan1 Full Access Member

Jabo....so you say you don't see....

......the reason? Wow, where do I begin? Simply put, guru is reflecting on how BITTERSWEET it is for our kids to move on/growup. This guy has been around the ballfield,as have many of us in TBR, for yrs. He's seeingkids who he's coached and coached against, my DD included, and it seems to me that he's now starting to feel a little antsy about his DD moving on to college. I did/am doing the VERY same thing. .....I'll miss the nutsy stuff that my DD hands us while living at home.....just as I'm writing this post LW hollers from the kitchen " hey dad!, how old is this shrimp? I said it was cooked on Sun. and today is fri. ......as she walks through the den she looks at her plate and says "shrimp don't fail me now"!

10. marlinfan1

marlinfan1 Full Access Member

If 'ol FISHTEEN showed up....

....at your door to date miss DD, I'd be wearing camo, changing the oil in ALL of your cars, and asking if I could hunt on those 5 acres, and wheres the fishing pond! .........brother do I know where you're coming from!.......hey Jf, get it Jf, like jeff, ....haha, I'm killing me, hey Jf, lets go fishing!