1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2004 NCHSAA 4A West Sectionals 3 & 4

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by bigdan, Feb 20, 2004.

1. ladiesbballfan

ladiesbballfan Full Access Member

I'm glad South picked up the pace a little bit in the 2nd half, and yes, they hit some shots so it was all she wrote for Myers Park.

Where are the other SCORES?

2. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

AC Reynolds jumped out to a 16-0 lead early in the 1st and never were really challenged in this one against Hopewell as the Lady Rockets rolled to a 69-37 victory. With a 37-15 lead at half, the Lady Rockets played everyone and rested the starters a lot to get ready for the match-up at South Mecklenburg on Wednesday. Congrats to South Caldwell on your win!

3. ladiesbballfan

ladiesbballfan Full Access Member

Great job ACR! Now, go down there and whip up on South Meck. They will be very tall, probably like Owen. I hope Coach has scouted them.

4. reynoldsrocks23

ACR Coaches have been down to Charlotte to see South Meck, and yes from what I hear (I haven't seen them) they are like Owen. I think our girls will be ready for this, but it will not be easy down there. I think our tough schedule has prepared us for this type of game. It doesn't get much tougher than having to play on the road at Freedom, South Caldwell, and McDowell (Twice), not to mention playing #1 Asheville High twice, and #1 Thomasville. So going to South Meck will not be intimidating to our girls.

5. FANtaztic

FANtaztic Junior Member

Anything from Freedom yet?....

Thanks reynoldsrockets23 from South Caldwell, good luck to you guys in the rest of the playoffs..

and all the NW4A teams

6. reynoldsrocks23

Just heard Freedom lost 79-65. Freedom fell behind 28-10 in the first and could never really recover despite cutting the lead to 9 at half. I gather Tara Tate didn't play, and it's ashame the Lady Patriots had to end the season not at full strength. Oh well, congrats on a great career to her and Leah Barrier as well, and good luck to them in college. Looks like McDowell, AC Reynolds and South Caldwell will have to carry the torch for the conference Wednesday, Good Luck to all three of them!

7. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

I'm glad to hear that the NW4A schools are whipping up on the Charlotte schools. I was a bit worried about the Reynolds game, but it sounds like they have recovered quite well. Not to say that our conference is not strong, but the Charlotte teams must be really weak, with the margin's of victory tonight.

8. reynoldsrocks23

I think the Charlotte teams are good, but I think our conference has prepared us for this time of year. Look at South Caldwell, they have had to play McDowell twice, AC Reynolds three times, and Freedom three times, that had to make them a better team. They were probably licking there chops to play someone outside of those three! And Reynolds having to play McDowell three times, twice in a week AT McDowell, heck our girls are just happy to get out of Marion! We don't care if we played at Cameron Indoor Stadium, as long as it wasn't in Marion. Playing these teams from Charlotte isn't near as hard, although they are good teams. The reason being, first the rivalry isn't there, so despite it being a playoff game the intensity isn't the same, second they don't know us as well and don't know all our shooters as well. ACR has several three point shooters, and anyone will shoot them and most teams outside the conference do not realize this, and will leave our girls open outside the arc like they did tonight. Once that happens, it opens up the inside and we feast on the inside. I doubt this happen Wednesday against a much taller South Meck, but you get my drift. ACR had 11 different girls score tonight and 6 different girls hit 3's. Good luck to McDowell, South Caldwell, and ACR all Wednesday, let's go 3-0, and all be playing again Friday!

9. DownSouth

DownSouth Full Access Member

Just a couple thoughts about the South Caldwell vs Myers Park game. I know everyone talks about how tough it is to play at South. I have even seen people on this board refer to the gym as the Dungeon.

Tonight the crowd was like nothing I have ever seen at South. Guys painted their bodies, the towels were waving, and the place was down right deafening at times. Congrats to the Lady Spartans and congrats to the fans and administration for showing school spirit. That honestly is something that has not been there in years past.

Also, Heather Prichard passed the 1000 point milestone at South tonight. To my knowlege, there are only 4 or 5 girls in the 25 year history of the school to do that. Alot of people on here don't remember the days when South's girls program won 1 or 2 games a year.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2004
  10. reynoldsrocks23

Congrats to Heather on her milestone, that truly is a great achievment. It's nice to see the support for the NW4A girls hoops in the playoffs. The support at ACR was also unlike it has been all year long. More students, and fans than we have had all year. The students really were into the game and led the cheers as well, it was great to see. They really were a help to our girls jumping out to a 16-0 lead in the first 4 minutes of the game.