1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2005 College Prospects

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by CFBall, Aug 11, 2004.

1. nsrtopscout

nsrtopscout Full Access Member

16 NSR Prospects Sign

We are proud to announce that sixteen prospects enrolled with NSR signed or committed during the NCAA Early Signing Period which concluded on November 17. They are:

Western Carolina University (5): Ashley Adams (South Caldwell, NC/Walters State JC, TN), Chelsea Akers (McMichael, NC), Beth Hauser (North Surry, NC), Samm Keppel (West Henderson, NC), Sam Stepp (East Henderson, NC); Pfeiffer University (3): Crystal Poe (Southern Guilford, NC), Janelle Romeo (Terry Sanford, NC), Martina Bullard (Midway, NC); Lees-McRae (2): Emma Parrish (Franklin, NC), Salle Horner (White-Knoll, SC); Appalachian State University: Kayla Richardson (Ashe County, NC); Charleston Southern University: Kay Kay Wise (Newberry, SC); Lenoir-Rhyne: Angela Beard (Fred T. Foard, NC); UNC Pembroke: Katie Rubio (Pine Forest, NC); Methodist College: Jennifer Brophy (Hopewell, NC); South Carolina State: Alisha Knox (Andrew Jackson, SC).

Congratulations to these fine ladies, their parents, coaches and supporters. We are thrilled to have been a part of their lives by helping them during the recruiting process. Moreover, we're excited that these young women will realize their dream of playing at the collegiate level. Our other nine senior softball prospects are in the decision-making phase and we expect their decisions by year's end.

2. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

great year for the 05 gang and its about time to start the 06 College list.

not forgetting those who didnt sign early and are still undecided but those JRs have alot to crow about too! :applause:

3. jvcoach

jvcoach Full Access Member

ACHS HAS 2 THAT COME TO MIND IN THE JR. CLASS. KAYLA JOHNSON AND EMILY PIERCE. KAYLA IS A SOLID PLAYER. SHE PLAYS 3RD AND CAN GO YARD AT ANY TIME AT BAT!! EMILY IS BENCHPRESSING 150LBS AND IS THE STRONGEST GIRL AT ACHS. THIS HAS MADE HER THROW FASTER AND IS A LEGIT THREAT TO HIT THE BALL OUT AT ANY TIME! :laugh1:

4. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

Know these two girls and U are right they can play the game, both are great power hitters.
    Some other 2006 ladies to watch: Emily Jeffery (pitcher) Butler HS, Nicole Springer (pitcher) S. Stanley, Britt Blanton (1st Base) S. Meck, and Leigh Ann Kelley (catcher/OF) Myers Park, Mandy Ward (catcher) Butler HS, Jessie Polk, (outfield) Butler HS. Just a comment, the 2007 class is loaded!! :applause:

5. jvcoach

jvcoach Full Access Member

hey i dont know the girls name but she is the catcher for west forsyth. she was a fresman last year and was one of the best that i saw . look for her to be a force for 3 more years!!!

6. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

she is very tough......McKinney and plays for the Cardinals in the summer.
    not sure if she just a sophomore or not but BMac can clarify this!
    we played her fall team 4 or 5 games in the past two months and she is a joy to watch and we wish her the best of luck. West Forysth will prolly make it back to Raleigh if they can get past ND

7. HSFAN

HSFAN Full Access Member

She is a sophomore and she is already ready one of the best catchers in the state. She will be playing with the Cardinals this summer and will see a lot of playing time. I WISH SHE WAS IN CC DISTRICT.Calls a good game and blocks extremely well. I've seen her catch a few games and didn't see a major weakness anywhere. Good kid with a wonderful attitude, smiles a lot which is important :applause:

8. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

thats what i thought and she is a wonderful kid. Mom and Dad are doing well with this gem and i know they are proud of her!

9. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Congratulations

Katie Eiden, formerly a Carolina FEAR player and from Gastonia, Pitcher, has signed a NLI to play for St Francis College in Brooklyn, NY. Katie was an exciting player to see play. She bought enthusisuam, leadership and the abilities to compete at a high level for which she was rewarded!!!

Her parents, Jim and Denise, are extremely proud of Katie and i wish he hadnt transferred to PA to work but nonetheless, we wish her the best in NEW YORK.

www.stfranciscollege.edu :applause:

10. SouthernGent

SouthernGent Full Access Member

Well said CF. If I may add...

St. Francis (Terriers) is a D-1 in Brooklyn, NY...not to be confused with St. Francis in PA. Kate currently attends Scranton High School (Scranton, PA). If she would have stayed, she would have certainly been a multi-year NC All State player.

She has developed into a devastating power pitcher with many pitches in her arsenal and has the ability to pitch from either the windmill or slingshot….both with confidence. From the plate, she is deadly and has speed on the bases. Good grades and one of the best kids I have ever coached. If I can get stats, I will add them later

Good luck Kate. Your NC friends will be keeping track of you, even if by long distance.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2004