1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2005 Sophmores playing Varsity that will make real contributions!

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by watcher, Feb 3, 2005.

1. catamount36

catamount36 Full Access Member

you are correct, whit is a great player, hard nosed and great instincts. seem like a fine young man as well

2. OAKBORO-BOY

OAKBORO-BOY OAKBORO-BOY

DCL26 WHAT ABOUT QUAN AT WEST STANLY.

3. DCL26

DCL26 Full Access Member

Quan

He is the real deal, an exceptional kid has the tools to play basketball, baseball and football and excel at all three. Just a pure athletic specimen. One of the best outfielders that I have seen play. Big time slip up on my part to omit Quan from my list. Must have went brain dead at that point, he will be a big part of West Stanly's team.

4. hotbox

hotbox Full Access Member

Remember no roster is set and all players should be preparing for tryouts rather than reading their press clippings of varsity stature prior to the first practice.

PLAYERS, especially those of you lucky enough to be recognized by individuals who follow baseball; go into your initial practices and tryouts with an attitude of everything to lose!! Play harder and better than what got you the recognition in the first place, it is ten times harder to gain stature than it is to lose it.

Once rosters are set it will be my pleasure to list some deserving freshman and sophmores who I feel sure will be out there contributing in big ways to their respective schools varsity programs. :nono:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2005
  5. itsinthegame

itsinthegame Full Access Member

If this young man gets the opportunity to play - I am sure he will contribute to team success.

Ben Heath - North Meck High School

Just my opinion.

6. gatorfan

gatorfan Member

I know that young man very well and I guarantee that isn't what happened. He worked out really hard in the off season saying, "Whoever is playing best by spring will get to play." Only that coach knows what really went on, but it wasn't lack of effort.

7. The "O"

The "O" Full Access Member

I know.......

and NOT good, period! :nono: Going in the wrong direction this thread may be? Yes, unbelieveable...

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005
  8. rcbbfan

rcbbfan Full Access Member

I only met this player in question once, at a fall/winter work-out at Elon. Not only was I impressed with his baseball talent but I was equally impressed with his personality. I certainly don't believe he was a victim of his own press. Way too much class. UNBELIEVABLE

9. itsinthegame

itsinthegame Full Access Member

Just read the Hotbox "thing".

My hope would be - consistent with this boards standards as I have come to understand them - that garbage would be erased.

Seems disgusting that anyone would even post something like that IMO.
    Pure conjecture and implied personal slander IMO.

Then again - I am new here. Just my perspective. But I would gong that fool's post.

10. Chief

Chief Braves Assistant

:xyzthumbs