1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2005 STATE PLAYOFF GAMES/SCORES

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by CometFan, May 13, 2005.

1. EnkaJet04

EnkaJet04 Full Access Member

I am afraid to ask where the tent is set up...do I dare ask for running water as well? lol....hope to make it this weekend....

2. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

CC/Butler

Great game on Friday with a huge crowd of softball fans. One mistake usually cost U in a game of two great teams. Both teams played well and it is a shame this was not the State Championship. Good luck to CC as they head to Raleigh.

3. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Clayton, NC (Johnston County) the home of Eastern Rep in 3A and nearby North Johnston, the 1A Eastern Rep and you can have all the running water you want!

hope you can make down east!

4. Biggies_Mom

Biggies_Mom Full Access Member

Ditto, great game! Wish it had not ended in an error though. Awesome pitching on both sides. Keep your head-up Butler Centerfielder, you did a great job. Good Luck Central, see ya in Raleigh!

5. clancey1

clancey1 Junior Member

reply to the blame game

I also saw replay on tv as well as play on the field -- if the ball had been dropped the coach would have sure let it be known, which he did not. After having kids participate in 5 different sports at north davidson, I have to say that this coach and this team is the best one i have been affiliated with. The coach is hard, but he is fair. And he gives credit where credit it due. 90 percent of the girls on the team are very close, especially the infield players. They do not lay blame and for a team of females, they are the most encouraging and supportive of one another of any team I have even been involved with. The unfortunate thing is that the adults, who complain that their kids don't get enough playing time, or who think the coach doesn't praise their kid enough, or whatever -- they are the ones that lay blame, and try to denigrate another player (I assume to play up their own kid). The kids don't feel this way. They are a team and they behave as one. They all work very hard and work very hard to win. It's very unfortnate (or may it is fortunate) that the kids on this team behave with more class than the fans. Go girls -- I'll be behind you 100%, all of you, no matter who you are.

6. triadfan

triadfan Full Access Member

no one is playing the blame game and i know what the nd coach said happened. no onoe person was blamed for the loss. just a series of mistakes in the 5th that allowed wf to tie score. nd should have won 1-0, but didnt. mm took control of the game. good luck to wf. nd should be very strong next year with all starters back.

7. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

I am here in Raliegh and will be going over to Walnut Creek in a few minutes. I will try to update the scores if no one has posted when I get back to motel tonite. Should be a great weekend of softball.

8. softball nut

softball nut Full Access Member

Kings Mtn 1 West Rowan 0
    Morgan Childers pitches a perfect game for Kings Mtn.Adele Burnsides pitches a 1 hitter.Batter pulls out of box,& she throws pass ball allowing runner to advance,& scores on the only hit.Talk about timing!

9. Boxman

Boxman Full Access Member

Central Cabarrus 1
    West Forsyth 0

10. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

3A

Second game,
    Kings Mtn 1 - Aycock 0

Kings Mtn advances to finals 2pm Sunday. :satana: