1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2005 STATE PLAYOFF GAMES/SCORES

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by CometFan, May 13, 2005.

1. fastpitchrox

fastpitchrox Junior Member

1A

First game East Surry beat North Lincoln 11-1. Errors, mental mistakes by North Lincoln and good hitting by East Surry told the tale :thud: .

North Johnston beat Gates County in 8 innings 6-5.

Elimination Game - North Lincoln looked much better, and won 6-0 against Gates County. Nicole Baxter pitched a 1 hitter for 5 innings, and was pulled to give her a rest for the final 2 innings. Nicole Hall came in in relief and maintained the shut-out.
    Winner's bracket - N. Johnston and E. Surry played 8 innings also, with E. Surry pulling it out 4-2.

5PM Game - N. Johnston and N. Lincoln played 9 innings with N. Johnston winning 5-4. N. Lincoln again had some errors and mental mistakes.

Pitcher for N. Johnston, Candace Evans, pitched all 25 innings! North Lincoln was ahead 4-0, but she got her second wind when N. Johnston scored 3 in the bottom of the 5th, and finished out really strong.

Was anyone else disappointed in the way games were set up (everyone playing at the same time, so you could watch no other games than your own if you had a child playing?) I remember last year, getting to watch several other games besides our own. There was much more time between games. On the 1A-2A side of things, lines were over 30-40 minutes for food, 3 windows available for taking orders, only 1 was open. It would have been nice to have 1 line for players only. Most things were closed down in the middle of the 3rd game. Maybe it was just the heat that made the wait and the lines seem so long. (And of course the fact that we were NOT playing our best added to the frustration!)[​IMG]

Still, 3rd in the State is quite an accomplishment. Many teams would have liked to have gotten that far. Congratulations on a very good year, North Lincoln.

Leading batters for North Lincoln in the Final Four
    April Wilson - .444 with 1 RBI
    Kayla Alexander .367 with a .455 OB% and 1 RBI
    Jenna Torbert .333 with 2 RBI's
    Courtney Feldon with .250 with OB% .500

2. jvcoach

jvcoach Full Access Member

i just saw on the news that cc wf were tied 0-0 in the 11 inn. man what a game i wish i was there!!!!:woohoo:

3. jvcoach

jvcoach Full Access Member

just saw the score of wf and cc! 1-0 cc in 19 inns! what a game ! hats off to both teams! congrats to coach sherrill!

4. Purple Hayes

Purple Hayes Junior Member

Didn't they have to play two if CC lost and if they did is this the first game or did WF beat them already? Not sure? Thanks for any help.

5. EnkaJet04

EnkaJet04 Full Access Member

I knew Kings Mountain had the talent and the desire. Just glad they also had timely hitting and pitching. Great Job Ladies. I know all played a part in the outcome. Way to pitch throughout the tournament Mo. Enjoy your success and enjoy your time with your teammates. I remember my DD rode back home on the bus to Asheville so she could spend those last few moments with her teammates (seniors) and the coaches. She has fond memories of her time in school ball and hopefully you will cherish yours as well.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2005
  6. EnkaJet04

EnkaJet04 Full Access Member

I am like you....wish I could have been there. 19 innings...I don't know if I could have made it through a game like that if my DD was playing. Great Job CC...2 in a row. Would it be premature to say Dynasty in the making?????

7. FAB5ER

FAB5ER Junior Member

We, too, were disappointed in the set up of games. It would have been nice to have more of a breather between the 2nd and 3rd games of the day. Our team left the motel at 9:30AM, after a continental breakfast of toast, bagels, doughnuts, and frosted flakes, for heat, exhaustion, and hunger ,lasting through the 5:00 game. I think they got their first real meal around 7:30PM. Do they set up the baseball schedule this way ? We were sad to lose, but also excited to still be #3 in the state, 2-A. When you multiply the teams in all the conferences, being third is great!

8. SouthernGent

SouthernGent Full Access Member

Kings Mtn

Conragtulations on a great tourney to the entire team. And a big shout out to "Mo C" on receiving the 3A MVP...

9. CanAmMan

CanAmMan Full Access Member

Who scored the runs for KM in the first two games in which they won both 1 - 0?

Heard she went into second & knocked the ball loose from the shortstop!!

Also heard the the KM left fielder made a great catch while that ended the inning & saved a couple of runs!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2005
  10. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

Championship Games Wrapup

1A
    North Johnston 3
    East Surry 2

East Surry was undefeated going into championship game. North Johnston won 1st game, forcing a second game.

East Surry 8
    North Johnston 4

8 innings

2A
    North Lenoir 2
    Pender 0

3A
    Kings Mountain 4
    West Rowan 1

WP: Morgan Childers
    MVP: Morgan Childers

4A
    Central Cabarrus 1
    West Forsyth 0

WP: Gina Allen 36K
    MVP: Gina Allen

19 innings - State Record
    73 Combined strikeouts for single game - State Record
    There were several other records broken in this game.

Each one of CC's 3 games went extra innings. Game 1 went 8 innings, game 2 went 13 innings and game 3 went 19 innings. CC allowed only 1 run while scoring 6 in 40 innings.

Exciting games both days in all conferences.