1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2006 All - Impact Teams

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Dbacks20, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

If we came up with our own lists, I'll bet you maybe 10 may be on everybody's list, but after that, no 2 would be alike.

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

That's why we should start a TBR Pre-Season Poll. We have no affiliation with anybody. But I really don't like to do one because you always leave off a deserving player. Besides, I like naming the "under the radar" players. They need the deserving recognition.:twocents:

3. BaseballMan

BaseballMan Full Access Member

Impact Guys

There is absolutely no doubt that the Impact players get preference in their rankings. However, I think we would all do the same thing if we were getting paid by some of the players we were ranking. The problem is that Impact has become the defacto "expert" on NC high school baseball talent. The non-Impact guys around that can play will not get a fair shake. Its not APs fault. He's just running a business.

4. Braves

In all honesty, the only rankings that mean something are the one's by the college coaches and they don't tell you.

5. olefty

olefty Full Access Member

Back to the whole alexander-partin split... I think this is another great reflection on how this split is bad for impact. Alexander literally knew about every hs player in the state. It had been his job at elon for years. Partin is busy running a huge business. He doesn't have time to get out there and see the guys the way austin did.

6. homeplate

homeplate Full Access Member

I wished someone who loved baseball and was not affliated with any one team or player would take over rankings and top player opinions Inpact just seems to me to be nothing but a money racket like most other travel or showcase teams.

7. Nuff Ced

Nuff Ced Full Access Member

any volunteers?

8. BaseballMan

BaseballMan Full Access Member

Homplate

I disagree about Impact. I think those that can afford it do get bang for their buck. But the fact that it is a pay-to-play service make it a particularly poor candidate to rank the state's best players. It would be very difficult to rank one of "your guys" below someone that is not one of your guys. They do this to sell subscriptions to the site but somehow they seem to have become the authority on the subject.

9. Braves

I wouldn't want any part of that. It's really kind of silly to rank a HS kid anyway...teams? Okay...but players?...not for me. I like to mention players that are deserving, but to rank them?...that would depend on what flavors you like.

10. baseball42

baseball42 Member

Impact rankings

I couldnt agree more with Braves . I know of several kids in Henderson county that have not played with any showcase teams that can really play. I think ranking kids is almost impossible to get them in the correct order.I think ranking teams is the best way to go and the final rankings are the ones that really matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.