1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2006 High School Softball Scores

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by CometFan, Feb 28, 2006.

1. rams12bb

rams12bb Full Access Member

CF, I'll try to post here as well as the conference thread, and if the others don't, I'll post all the conference scores I know here.

This conference race is wide open below Alexander and Freedom. Anyone is capable of beating anyone throughout the conference.

2. jvcoach

jvcoach Full Access Member

achs 7- freedom -0 emily pierce had 8 k`s and gave up a infield hit off her glove in a dominating win. freedom never got the ball out off the infield!!!!!!!!!she also had 3 hits and 3rbis.whitney benfield had 2 hits also.!the jv cougars looked very sluggish after a week off in a 5-3 come from behind win.ashley willamson got the win with 14 k`s! megan laxton had 3 hits ! both freedom teams are very improved! now lets see the fans do the same.

3. betterbatter

betterbatter Full Access Member

3-28-06

Central Davidson 10
    Salisbury 0

WP Alison Tysinger
    LP Katy Roten

4. softball nut

softball nut Full Access Member

East Rowan 6 West Forsythe 4 9 inns
    Good game on both parts.Both teams showed alot of heart,neither giving up.West may have lost alot from last yr, but they are still a pretty solid team.There were several questionable calls by the officials.
    Rebecca Cooper led East with 2 BIG hits,Haley Barrier did a great job behind the plate on such short notice.Morgan Peeler picks up the win scattering 5 hits,& striking out 10.Great job Mustangs !

5. softball nut

:imagestor Need an answer on a ruling:When a pinch runner is inserted into game,& does not go out on defense,can this person bat for another player, or is she spent after pinch running.I'm still learning. Any help from you old timers would be greatly appreciated.

6. MadisonDadofTayTot28

MadisonDadofTayTot28 Full Access Member

I believe that the pinch runner, if used as a courtesy runner for the catcher or pitcher, can indeed be inserted to bat later.

7. Bmac1

Bmac1 Full Access Member

:agreed: East Rowan had several timely hits late in the game and both teams battled the mysterious changing strike zone. It seems as each pitcher and the batters would adjust to blue's zone, then all of a sudden the zone would tighten or get higher, lower or wider. What was a strike one inning wasn't the next. It was the same for both teams. I guess you could say blue was consistent................. consistently bad.:banginghe

Good game. Peeler's change up is amazing. :ylsuper:

8. softball nut

Bmac, I totally agree bout the umps.If we could have just left them at home it would have been so much better.It seemed that the blue behind the plate didn't like Mo's change-up to much, I saw several that looked liked strikes, but it may have been where I was sitting.But was still a good game.I saw good hits,good defense,& good baserunning for both teams.Both teams showed alot of heart by not giving up.Good luck the rest of your season.

9. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

Softball Scores

Thanks for posting scores from other conferences. It sure makes it easy to look at all the scores in one place.

10. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

she can, but not in the same inning she was used as a courtsey runner. we had that one called on us.