1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2006 High School Softball Scores

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by CometFan, Feb 28, 2006.

1. rams12bb

rams12bb Full Access Member

NW4A

Watauga 8
    South Caldwell 2

McDowell 2
    Alexander 1

AC Reynolds 13
    East Burke 0

2. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Kings Mtn..........6
    East Rutherford..0

3. Grouseone

Grouseone Full Access Member

You are right

I have heard the team manager is score keeper. Nothing against her 1st year playing softball I think she is 2nd team jv. When NG played SP we had discussion about how runs were scored. I was going to look at score book and told couple of fans and they laughed. NG after game knows if batter got on base or if out but How??? I can not understand how new coaches good ,bad or what are so reluctant to ask for a little help from fans like keeping score, hitting fly balls, just the little things that can make a team better, North Gaston is not only team with this problem

I talked to 4 of NG hitters who each struck 3 times. Their answer was they are in hitting slump. I asked if maybe just maybe the pitcher ( that would be Morgan ) had something to do with slump. No not really they were just in slump. They were also in slump against Ashbrook and South Point

Tell Morgan she pitched great game and we know her strike out total is Correct 19

4. rangeroo22

rangeroo22 Full Access Member

NW4A

AC Reynolds-13
    East Burke-0
    Game played with 15-20 MPH winds blowing IN from left and center field

Salem Bombace pitched a no hitter
    Erin Gier 3-3 single,double,homerun... 5RBI

Reynolds now has won 5 in a row with big games next week at home against Alexander Central and Freedom.
    Reynolds is now tied with AC for conference lead @ 5-2

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  5. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

hey Bob, tell them that they're in that "slump" with 86 other batters totalling 120 k's so far this year. hard to hit that rise ball!!! lol

6. dogjaw

dogjaw Full Access Member

southwest randolph has next 6 games in order
    east davidson
    trinity
    asheboro
    randleman
    southeast guilford
    central cabarrus
    wish AD would call around and get another game or two vs. really good pitching thats not 3A,like N. davidson,east rowan,forbush, ect.

swr lost only 1 game last year,west rowan in 3rd round of playoffs and it sure would have helped to have faced a good curve ball before that game

7. softball nut

softball nut Full Access Member

Not sure bout their record, but West is undefeated.They have been pounding teams.East Rowan held them to 3 runs,that's the least for them for the yr.Team is so full of talent TB girls are on the bench,but get playing time.The thing about it is their top players are Jr & Soph's.So look for them next yr again.This team is made up of the Raptures travel team from yrs ago,without Danielle Glosson.As a matter of fact West is playing North Davidson this Wed.Should be a good one,I might have to give the edge to West this yr.Those gals aren't intimidated by the little show, & pounded Glosson pretty good last yr.West will be hungry for this game.Plan to be there.

8. Pop44

Pop44 Full Access Member

Mid State 2A

Today at So. Alamance tournament:
    Graham 10- E. Alamance 0
    N. Moore 2 - Graham 0 (Tied thru 7, then batter from NM parks it over the fence in 8th inning) What a finish.

9. dogjaw

dogjaw Full Access Member

softballnut,I well remember the raptures,big rivalry with randolph rage
    and rage was one of the few teams to beat them when glosson was there,took usssa state title from them that year.rage are still together
    and won the nsa A state and usssa state in 2005 and then won the wfc world series at myrtle beach last august also.Six rage players,three knockout players and one lightning player, play for southwest randolph.
    one of the strongest hitting high school teams around since 99 granville county team with a couple state records allready surpassed and on pace to pass a couple more,with three good pitchers and a stout defense,
    maybe if they are lucky enough to make it to the third round they can give those old rapture players a better game than last year

10. softball nut

softball nut Full Access Member

Knockouts are a well coached team,& it shows.Rage is solid top to bottom,& ole Alvin he's a mess,good coach.We played Rage in NSA state last yr,they won 1-0,best game all weekend.They were on a tear last summer,& peaked at the right time.SWR full of talent,but needs to be playing more competitive teams.Romping mediocre teams will not help you at playoff time.Your game with CC will help you more even if you do not win,to prepare for playoff run.I'm going out on a limb here,the road to Raleigh in 3a will go through King's Mtn,& West Rowan.If you can defeat either of those 2 , you deserve to go to the state.