1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2006 NC American Legion State Tournament

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by JM15, Jul 22, 2006.

1. K-Town-Yankee

K-Town-Yankee Full Access Member

FINAL

Morehead City 14
    Kannapolis 4....................8 innings.

Great season Wojans.3rd in the state is not too shabby.

2. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

so close, so close

now its time to get some well deserved R&R before the fall semester.

3. K-Town-Yankee

I know Jay Hosack and Brett Honeycutt pitched for Kannapolis.Possibly a few others.

Drew Poulk and Shelton Merrill threw for MC.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  4. JM15

JM15 Moderator

That's what I would like to see... but Caldwell's going to be extremely tough to bring down. Messer and Bumgarner are ready to rock and roll to the best of my knowledge. Good luck to both teams, hopefully the best team wins and it is not decided by an error, bad umpiring or anything else like that.

5. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Caldwell County will be NC's rep and State Champions......just sayin.:twocents:

6. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

did i read the line correct.. Hosak was left in to allow 10 runs ?
    sheesh...was he the only pitcher left ...

7. K-Town-Yankee

Now Coach.....please don't get me in trouble again.:D I just want to say great season Wojans.I enjoyed following the Wojans this year.Best of luck to all of them in the future.I will be following many of them during their college ball.

8. greenballz

greenballz Full Access Member

501 has always been bad about leaving pitchers in too long.........................................................................................................................................

9. Airman

Airman Full Access Member

Go Caldwell!!!

This team is comprised mostly of high school kids...only 2 college freshmen and only one of those plays baseball... on Lenoir Rhyne's JV team and pitches in relief once in a while and the other was playing college football. This team has beat teams full of college baseball players and many at D-1 schools. Most of the starters played for the state 4-A championship in June, coming up one game short. I don't think their mentality will allow that again. As for Madison, Madison did play in the regular season but the state championship ran two weeks into the AL season and then he went to state games and family beach trip, but he did participate during the regular season. I know many of you were upset about seniors taking their trip to the beach, but they needed to reload mentally after the hard fought high school season. Some seem to think it was okay for Madison and not the others. But you can see what that has brought. A mental toughness that I think will carry them through this state championship. They are a true TEAM. They all get along very well and like each other. I admire Madison for staying for the state championship game. These kids love each other and maybe he couldn't bail on them, but also Madison has, like many of these kids played in a state championship series(high school and AL) for the third or fourth time now and haven't won the big prize. I know he and the others want this more than anything. They will be fired up that is for sure. I don't believe they will let the opportunity pass. If we win I know Madison will not likely be able to participate in the regionals. We also have three football players on the roster with Brad Hardee reporting to Appalachian on August 3 and Messer and Clawson started high school football practice today. We will just have to wait and see how tomorrow plays out. Great tournament Hi-Toms has put together. The Caldwell County coaches have made opportunities happen: bunts, base stealing, etc. Great job!!

10. Bottom9

Bottom9 Banned From TBR

Ktown

I was at the game tonight and Hosak pitched a great game for the Wojans. He didn't get much run support. He gave up five runs early and settled in for about 4 innings and then ran into some trouble. Those 10 runs are a little misleading, believe it or not. I nominate the "Intimidators Coach" and "Greenballz" as the next Wojans coach. They really know how to coach on the internet, and I could imagine how remarkable they would be on the field. Greenballz can be the pitching coach and Int. Coach can do the rest. Man what a combination. I can see it now.:229031_ha

Last edited: Aug 1, 2006