1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2006 NC American Legion State Tournament

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by JM15, Jul 22, 2006.

1. JM15

JM15 Moderator

Come on... What did I lie/whine about in my post? I didn't whine, I explained what I saw. I also saw some Garner fans bickering, big deal. Caldwell played a great game and their pitcher was lights out -- I said that but you failed to mention that, you took it as a biased account.

Caldwell's pre-game classless move was absolutely amazing.

That's not whining, it's informing all of those who were not in attendance about what took place at the ballgame.

Barbour will serve a one-game suspension and miss Garner's game vs. Morehead City tomorrow.

The games are played on the field, Caldwell played better today and rightfully won the game. The umpiring wasn't the best, but the umpiring did not cost the game. When your pitcher is in demand of the game, then you'll probably be successful -- That was today's case.

I don't "here" nor see any whining coming from me.

:twocents:

2. Airman

Airman Full Access Member

Garner's Coach Barbour mouthed off at the ump for speeding up his meeting on the mound. All umps do this to speed up the game. He should have kept his mouth shut. As for fans booing him, those were some of the Caldwell fans that had kids on that 2004 team that was beat by Garner in the state championship and later found out that Garner had an ineligible player. I guess it has left a sour taste in their mouths. Also most of this started at the banquet b/c the Garner players were shooting the "bird" at Caldwell players during the banquet. Lots of class shown there. Garner just fueled the fire b/c these players didn't play on that team in 2004. I hope the 29ers can stay above all that inmature stuff and do it on the field. Let's just play ball and forget about these distractions and keep your heads in the game.

3. JM15

JM15 Moderator

Wrong

He kept it pretty quiet, his team needed a boost and most people with baseball knowledge know that everynow and then a team that is struggling needs a boost and some managers will get thrown out on purpose for it to spark the team. But bottomeline, when an umpire claims he can't see whether the pitch is a ball/strike, I'd sure as heck be heated about it as well.

Very classy move by those involved in this situation.

They will meet again.

If that was the case, then shame on them... but why would parents feel the need to show even less class by shooting back in retaliation? These kids playing are about 17-18 years old... parents are much older and SHOULD show a little class.

History is history. This is the 2006 State Legion Tourney. Garner suffered their penalty (whether the story behind that saga will ever be released in truthfulness or not, the public won't know).

I Agree, play ball.

BTW, I respect Braves and the other moderators too much to continue this debate in a public forum. If you want to direct further comments/questions to me, feel free to shoot me an e-mail and/or private message.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
  4. MOOSE

MOOSE Full Access Member

ancient history whos up tomorrow thats all that matters

5. DownSouth

DownSouth Full Access Member

:woot: Hey guys!! Theres internet access at our hotel!!

WOW! What a day.

I want to say first and foremost, that was one of the best win in the last five years of this program. There was only one player that is still on the team from 04. Thats Madison Bumgarner and I hope he feels some vendication as well. He was the final out of 04 by hitting a pitch to the wall with the bases juiced. As for everything else two years ago before that point in that game and after that point in that game are opening wounds I don't care to reopen.

Congratulations to Jimmy Messer. Jimmy pitched a GEM. He is a rising junior at South Caldwell. If college coaches and scouts are not busting his door down, they are stupid. I would love to sit down with anyone and tell you about that kid. He is phenominal.

Thats all I got to say about today.

Also, I would like to send some love to Braves and TJ21 who I met tonight for the first time. It was a pleasure meeting you guys. Get some sleep tonight boys, its going to be a wild Sunday.

6. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Kannapolis-9 over Pineville-3

Great seeing Braves again,,,, and it was great to finally meet Dbacks20 and DownSouth.

As for the game itself, Pineville's Andress had our number the 1st 4 innings while his teammates shot out to a 3-0 lead after 4. Mauney for Pineville had a 2-run homerun. Kannapolis finally got on the board in the 5th when Ryan Query singled in Alex Edwards and Jerod Faggart later hit a 3-run homerun (his 17th HR of the season to give Kannapolis a 4-3 lead. Kannapolis tacked on 4 more runs in the 7th and Kyle Seager finished the scoring with a solo blast (his 13th of the season) in the 8th. Garrett Sherrill (8-3) goes the distance picking up the win but Pineville hit him well most of the night, we were just fortunate that they couldn't put much together.

Kannapolis now has hit 67 homeruns as a team this year, passing the 66 mark set by Shelby for the unofficial state record since players began swinging -3 bats.

Winner's bracket finals are set tomorrow night at 7pm:
    Caldwell County (22-13) vs. Kannapolis (33-8)

7. Hatfield made rain

Hatfield made rain Full Access Member

What was the pre-game classlessness?????? I hope this debate is not just "sour grapes". Sounds like it was a great game!!!

8. Carolina Man

Carolina Man Caldwell County Post 29

LMAO....no cake here...how about crow

CALDWELL COUNTY POST 29.....4

garner....1

They got a good dose of Jimmy Messer

Good Bye Moe....good to see you walk ...its probably a good thing you got kicked out of the game....you did'nt want to be there at the end...LOL

Carolina Man

Last edited: Jul 30, 2006
  9. Carolina Man

Carolina Man Caldwell County Post 29

post 29

MESSER SMOKE'S GARNER
    SENDS MOE TO THE BUS EARLY

Caldwell County Post 29.....4

Garner.....1

carolina man

10. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Day 2 Scores....

High Point-6 over Fayetteville-4

Morehead City-7 over Pitt County-6

Caldwell County-4 over Garner-1

Kannapolis-9 over Pineville-3

Ok guys, everybody ante up that was bashing High Point,,,,, gotta give the host team their props for pulling out a W after all the criticism we gave them. I admit I didn't think a 3-20 team should be there either,,, but they got a W.

Fayetteville and Pitt County are the 1st teams to go home.

Sunday's schedule:
    1pm- Garner(27-6) vs. Morehead City(20-5)
    4pm- Pineville(32-10) vs. High Point(4-20)
    7pm- Caldwell County(22-13) vs. Kannapolis(33-8)