1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2006 NCHSAA 4A Sectionals: Sectional Final scores...

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by bigdan, Feb 24, 2006.

1. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

Sectional final begin tonight and wrap up on Saturday. Post you're scores here...

2. nw4a_rules

nw4a_rules Member

High Point Central 65
    West Charlotte 60

Kenny Carter... the X-Factor picked up win # 500

NW Guilford - 58
    Page - 39

Last edited: Feb 25, 2006
  3. fightintitan90

fightintitan90 Full Access Member

Smoky Mountain 68
    East Rutherford 48

4. Ball-dee

Ball-dee Member

South Meck 70
    South Caldwell 50

5. nw4a_rules

nw4a_rules Member

harding beats acr by 4 or 6 i think.... not sure of the final, but know acr lost

6. fightintitan90

fightintitan90 Full Access Member

Well all of the NW4A Teams are now out of the hunt for a state title. I assume South Caldwell probably did like McDowell did all night and dribble the ball in the paint and shoot over 6'4 or 6'5 Division 1 Recruits

7. titan90

titan90 titan90

OUCH! NW4A done for year! South Meck should win the state. This will be there only chance for some years to come since all of there players are seniors. So get it while you can.

8. nw4a_rules

nw4a_rules Member

guess this means the nw4a all conf. will be released soon... don't they usu do it after everyone is finished with playoffs?? since we are all out, maybe monday??

9. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

South Meck 70 South Caldwell 50
    The first quarter was close after that it was all S. Meck. They went on a big run in the 2nd quarter and pulled out to a 26 point lead. To start the second half SC cut the lead to 17 at one point and did actually out score SM in the second half but that is a little decieving. I don't know how Butler beat them. SC sould not beat them even if they played their best game of the year. If they don't win the state I want to see the team that beats them. S. Meck does it all. No way SC could stop them down low and they killed us on the boards. When we packed the defense in down low they stepped back and knocked down the 3's or long 2 point jumper. Best allaround team I've seen in several years. Hate to see the season end but it was a good year. on other thing whoever said Joy Cheek wasn't ACC material is sadly mistaken. She will be a star at Duke. She has all the skills. Finishes down low strong, can knock down the 3 and shoot free throws very well. Also was tough on defense. With good coaching you will see her name in the paper and on TV alot.
    Fightintitan; SC didn't go down low hardly at all. I think they had only 2 or 3 shots blocked. We tried to run and shoot from the perimeter and even hit the shots pretty well S. Meck is just that much better than us

Last edited: Feb 25, 2006
  10. titan90

titan90 titan90

The game Cheek played against MHS she did not play down low any. She would bring the ball up the court and play defense on our guards. She will have to play down low in the ACC. She could not play the guard position in the ACC and I have not seen her post game. This is why I made the statement about her playing in the ACC. I hope she does well at Duke. It could have been worse - she could have chosen UNC. She reminds of the girl that played at Owen last year (Groves). She was a big girl that could handle the ball, but has adjusted well at Wake Forest and is seeing alot of playing time as a freshman.
    Did South Meck and Harding play this season?