1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2006 NCHSAA 4A State Sectionals: Round 2 Scores

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by reynoldsrocks23, Feb 22, 2006.

1. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

Post'em when you get'em! Good luck NW4A.....

2. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

South Meck 61 (FINAL)
    McDowell 46

Proud of our girls this year, we finish 19-9 on the season. Also proud of Lea Smith and her tenure at McDowell, I wish you the best at Presbyterian.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2006
  3. Ball-dee

Ball-dee Member

South Caldwell 63
    East Mecklenburg 41

4. reynoldsrocks23

AC Reynolds 68
    East Gaston 66

ACR led basically the whole game and by as much as 13. Amy Huntley picked up the team with 24 points tonight as East Gaston really keyed on Alex Thompson tonight. I wasn't told how many Alex scored but Amy led the team tonight and really carried them.:woohoo:

5. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

two NW4A teams to play in sectional finals...and they said it would be a "down" year for teams in our area?

Way to go Lady Rockets and Lady Spartans. :229031_ha :ylsuper:

6. reynoldsrocks23

Congrats to South Caldwell on your win and good luck in the sectional finals, we will be cheering for you! Also, congrats to the Lady Titans on a great year, you did the NW4A proud! :229031_ha

7. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

From what I've seen a down year in the nw4a would be a good year for any other conference
    As for tonights game it was over after 2 minutes. Kidd hit a three off the jump ball to start the game and SC scored the first 9 points. From there on SC just built on the lead which was as high as 33 points at one time. The bench got in the game and Meck scored a little on them to cut the lead down a couple but never got it under 20. Lakey had another huge night playing against a bigger girl. I don't know how many she finished with but it had to be over 30.The crowd was big and loud tonight and I think that hurt East Meck also. They only had 12 fans there the best I could tell.
    Congratulations to Reynolds on another win. Also congrats to Mcdowell with on good year. Nw4a can be proud.
    Next up for SC is South Meck. Big Dan can we play with them. If so what will it take

8. bbfan

bbfan Full Access Member

SM- McDowell

Mike Silver said before the game he only knew one way to play....and they did exactly what they had done all year....go to the basket. Only trouble was only half the shots got to the rim....They challanged SM constantly and must have had 20 shots blocked.....and cleanly for the most part. Smith could make every move in the book and then shoot .....whap.

I will say McDowell out hustled, out played a much bigger team. I am not impressed with name players that walk up the court.

9. UABBLAZERBALLA

UABBLAZERBALLA Full Access Member

East Meck never knew what hit them! Great atmosphere at South tonight. I bet they only average 30 to 40 fans per game...then they come into a loud NW4-A environment with a packed gym. Shell-shocked. And have they ever heard of "backside help" at East Meck?

Way to go Reynolds! Good luck Saturday.

10. UABBLAZERBALLA

UABBLAZERBALLA Full Access Member

Did Washington play tonight? If she did, was she effective?