1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2006 NCHSAA 4A State Sectionals: Round 2 Scores

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by reynoldsrocks23, Feb 22, 2006.

1. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

Someone LITTLE help with the Butler/Harding final PLEASE!!!!!!

2. 29ers fan

29ers fan Full Access Member

Great play by the Lady Spartans tonight.

3. jge1968

jge1968 Premium Member

Outstanding, good job ladies and keep up the good work.

4. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

I think Washington had about 24 tonight for the Lady Titans. But as bbfan stated, a lot of shots, even from Kurie was blocked. Thank god those girls from South Meck are moving on after this year.

5. bigdan

I'm afraid Lakey will be in for a tough night against those tall trees that South Meck has. What the Lady Spartans will need is a big night from the perimeter to have a chance.

6. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

That's sort of what I figured Big Dan. Lakey won't be a big factor offensively against SM. The 3's will have to fall and I'm hoping SC can run on them and play a fast paced game. The girls shouldn't be tired being the game is 3 days off and they didn't expend a lot of energy tonight. SC has no problem being shorthanded when they get some rest a couple days before they play. They should have their legs for Sat.

7. titan90

titan90 titan90

South Meck players are huge. They probably have the biggest team in the state. They start 3 girls that are 6'2 or taller. Joy C. is 6'2 and she was defending our point guard all night. Do not expect to get much scoring done on the inside. We tried all night to score inside, but did not have any success. We actually tried to go down low to much and should have ran some more plays for the perimeter. I think where you can get them is about 10-12 feet away from the basket if you run the right plays. MHS missed alot of layups and easy shots. We also had alot of turnovers. South Meck will play 10 players and do not lose much when they go to the bench. If this team had the right coach they would have beat us alot worse. I spoke with one of the fans from South Meck and he said that alot of the girls played out of position and the coach just beat teams because he has more talent than others. They have 3 D1 players. #30 is going to Duke. #42 is going to Notre Dame. One of there guards is going to Va. Tech. Then another girls is going to South Carolina to play volleyball. To be honest with you #30 Joy C. does not look like ACC material to me. I've only seen her play and in the ACC she will have to play down low, because there is no way she can guard people like Ivory Latta. We had it down to 8 points in the 4th quarter with the ball and made a turnover and they score. Thats about the way it went all night. Good luck to South Caldwell and please don't get 20-25 shots blocked like we did. Adjust your game and work from the perimeter and then go inside. They will probably put Joy C. on Kidd.

8. bigdan

Other scores from the West Region (including some big upsets...)

West Charlotte 47
    Mt. Tabor 46

High Point Central 65
    G'boro Grimsley 56

G'boro Page 63
    East Rowan 41

NW Guilford 51
    North Meck 50

both #1 seeds from the Triad area bounced tonight. Both Grimsley and Mt. Tabor had loss only one game for the season. These upsets make it almost a lock that South Meck will represent the West Region.

9. bigdan

Wanna throw out a few stats before we wrap up the season for the Lady Titans...

Kurie Washington averaged 22.3 ppg (625 points)

Also, Coach Silver is currently 3rd place All-Time in career wins with 624 wins. Here is the breakdown of the top 5...

1. Tom Pryor 702-244
    2. Thomas Jackson 650-398
    3. Bill Rucker 638-252
    4. Mike Silver 624-197
    5. Jack Castelloe 592-189

Silver should pass into third place and make a run at 2nd place all time by the end of next year.

10. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

Both #1 losing tonight after having only one loss, makes you wonder about the level of competition played down that way this year! Also I am not so sure South Meck is a lock just yet, South Caldwell or ACR either one could take them down IF they get hot from outside. I know ACR will shoot the three, and won't try to pound it inside! That is how we beat them two years ago, run and gun and shoot the three really well, of course we have to make it past Harding first (no easy task).