1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2006 STATE PLAYOFF DISCUSSION FORUM

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by CometFan, May 23, 2006.

1. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

pitchers still dominate

Would like to see a list of all the scores in the 2nd rd. of softball playoffs. I know that the hitting has improved in recent years, there are more HR's than ever before,..........but this is still a pitcher-dominated game. A lot of scores like 1-0, 2-1, etc. & many are extra innings.

do you think they would ever make adjustments in the rules to benefit the hitters? like moving pitcher back about 3 ft.

2. Grouseone

Grouseone Full Access Member

Question

North Lincoln and Cherryville Games ????????

3. jvcoach

jvcoach Full Access Member

I JUST WANTED TO ECHO THE COMMENTS OF DAWGFAN AND ACFAN, CONGRATS TO ALL THE CC SR`S. YOU WERE A PART OF SOMETHING SPECIAL AND WHEN YOU ARE OLD LIKE US, YOU CAN LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU WERE A PART OF 1 OF THE BEST FASTPITCH TEAMS IN NC HISTORY!!!!!!! :229031_ha

4. EnkaMom12

EnkaMom12 Full Access Member

Awesome pitching duel all 8 innings.
    Sarah struck-out 9, gave up 3 hits
    Morgan struck-out 16, gave up 3 hits.
    Both teams did a great job!

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060524/SPORTS0201/60523097/1002/SPORTS

http://www.prepalert.com/nc/EnkaJets/2005-06/Articles/softball_vs_kings_mtn.htm

Last edited: May 24, 2006
  5. EastOfRaleigh

ranking

not sure how the rankings are compiled, but I would not look for CC to remain at # 1 nationally. Just would not be accurate for a team not to win their state title but remain as #1 nationally.

this is in no way to take away from CC's accomplishments; they have obviously set a new standard for HS softball in NC.

6. Dukedog4

Dukedog4 Full Access Member

Correct East of Raleigh

Again, no knock on CC but for a NC team to be ranked #1 nationally it probably needs to be undefeated. This is not Cali, Tex or Fla. CC ranking was based on the perception that it was head and shoulders above the other teams in our state. Don't get me wrong, I think NC FP softball is greatly under rated nationally. This opinion was reinforced after watching my daughter have a successful Fr year pitching against D1 teams with rosters full of west coast girls. Look at WCU's success with roster of Carolina Girls. But . . . . some local U's aren't convinced. One D1 program in the East has signed four players for next year, 3 from Hawaii and 1 from California.

7. EastOfRaleigh

turn it around

I always marvel at athletes coming to NC universities for non-revenue sports from afar such as the west coast, Fla., midwest, etc.
    Can you imagine your own DD going to school at places like Arizona, Texas, California, Hawaii ???

8. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

I watched two very good softball games this afternoon and evening. East Rowan 2 vs West Forsyth 1, and North Davidson 1 vs Central Cabarrus 0. I can feel the thrill of victory , and the agony of defeat at the same time.
    4 great teams playing two games that will be remembered for a long time.

Last edited: May 23, 2006
  9. Dukedog4

Dukedog4 Full Access Member

Nope

We drew a six hour circle around our hometown and worked from there. Did the clinics, played for the right travel team and had plenty of D1 full ride offers. Some of the Cali girls on my DD team say there are just a lot more players than schools out there. I guess we're lucky to be in the East!

10. eyesup

eyesup Full Access Member

Class...

Congratulations Butler. The Southwestern Conf did a great job representing this year, Bulter, Providence & Weddington. Thanks for the classy words Dawgfan. You are right about CC. Whatever anyones' pros or cons are regarding CC, they have earned their recognition and have done NC proud. I am sure it is a tough night for them too, they have nothing to hold their heads down about. Dawgfan, good luck to you guys the rest of the way. We will all be rooting for you!