1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2006 Verbal Commitments??

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Dukedog4, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Dukedog4

Dukedog4 Full Access Member

Signing "Closes Book" on Wildcat's Recruitment

Lisa White's signing of the NLI with UNCW 'closes the book' on the recruitment of the '04-'05 Carolina Wildcats. Of the 16 rostered and eligible players during that period 14 play or will play college softball, an amazing 10 at the D1 level. During this two-year period the WC's recorded 118 wins and only 22 losses.***This record was compliled while playing a competitive "showcase" schedule. The 'Cats won numerous tournament titles including the gold medal at the 2005 NC State Games. The team played and defeated a number of top level teams including ASA Gold participants GA Fire Gold and the ASA Gold National Champion Shamrocks. Thanks go to Coach Jeff McPhail and all those in Wildcat organization for helping each of these girls reach their potential.

2. nsrtopscout

nsrtopscout Full Access Member

Kudos

Congratulations to Coach McPhail and the Wildcats organization. Keep up the great work. Nice job.

3. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

Wildcats

Awesome organization that draws quality players from many parts of NC. Been around for many years and deserves this type of credit being given. Jeff is a great guy and has worked hard for his team and for the young ladies individually. We love playing them as we know it will be a clean but hard fought game and a mistake will win or lose it for u. Wish all these ladies the best in their college career, U were great competitors and the Blues enjoyed meeting U and all those great games we played. RET :woohoo:

4. erwin17

erwin17 Junior Member

Shelby English

Shelby English, Owen High School, Pitcher, has signed to play @ Montreat College. Congrats and good luck. Coach Lingerfelt is putting together a lot of local talent.
    :woot:

5. EnkaMom12

EnkaMom12 Full Access Member

Congratulations, Shelby!!!

6. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

Great

This was is a little surprising as I know Longwood and James Madison were high on this player. That said, good school, close to home where parents can watch and where she can make a difference right now. Good luck, I know U will do great things there.

7. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

SHELBY!!!!

Nice Job Gal!

Great work by the players and their parents during this years' early signing period! Time to enjoy the Christmas holidays now!! :woot:

8. CanAmMan

CanAmMan Full Access Member

Congrats to all that have signed to play at the next level. My DD, Amber, has been accepted to WCU. She has said that she does not want to play at the next level but you never know she may get to missing the game once she gets up there. I would like to see her get used to college life before she trys to do anything extra. We all know how different it is from hs to college, not just the school work but the life in general.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2005
  9. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Congratulations to Amber and to YOU... as i know you are so proud of her!
    My oldest choose not to play at the next level back in '99, while having offers from several D2 schools and I was just a proud of her......she's now teaching, working on her masters and coaching middle school softball. The college experience is definitely life changing and extremely rewarding with or without Softball!

10. TheOriole

TheOriole Full Access Member

There will be TWO...

definite DI prospects coming out of Providence NEXt year I thiink?!?!?! JMHO