1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2007 Grads

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by LBlues 1, Jan 10, 2005.

1. SOFTBALLRULES

SOFTBALLRULES Junior Member

The last I heard, the Rebels are planning on playing four showcases at 18U and the rest of the time, 16U local tournaments. IMO they should play strictly 18U. They will have several rising seniors this summer.

2. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

thanks for the insight!

Welcome to TBR Softball and we hope you enjoy your time here!

with SRs...no doubt :xyzthumbs

3. prklandsoftballdad

prklandsoftballdad Set my brother FREE!!

one of the top prospects for 2007 has got to be Danielle Glosson at North Davidson. Outstanding pitcher and very good bat. from what i understand there are already d1 schools keeping an eye on her. kid has heart and drive too, and is an all around nice girl.:applause:

here's hoping for the return to power in 3-A of Parkland softball starting this year.:xyzthumbs

4. Homer3

Homer3 Full Access Member

Agreed, Glosson is a talented pitcher and should do well at the college level. The only thing that will hold her back will be herself. She has always let her emotions get the best of her when things don't quite go her way on the field or when her Dad doesn't call the right pitch. This behavior is the main reason none of the "elite" 18U ASA teams have not picked her up. She also has a tendency to pass the blame when things don't work out as she had planned. Plus, why did she transfer from west forsyth to ND? I think WF made it pretty far in the state playoffs last year.

However, if Glosson can mature some learn to control those emotions (she has the time to learn), then she has the potential to be one of the best since Crystal Cox. She is in a good program at ND and that will allow her to continue to improve. If things work out, she has a bright future and maybe she will join the Mckensey girl from WF at UNC.

Another girl to watch is Whitney Williams from Davie County. She can play anywhere in the field well, hit with power, can slap, great speed, and just a fine young lady. She also plays for Chandler's Cardinals.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  5. Grouseone

Grouseone Full Access Member

6. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

7. sports buff

sports buff Full Access Member

Spasm is an understatement. I have read this board since it began. It has always been helpful for many kids who play our game. I know alot of opinions are stated on this board. But we are neither judge nor jury of how someone is or will turnout.We ask our folks to be constant role models but we as the adults don't always show this ourselves. Last year in high school Danielle Glosson exemplified great composure for someone as young as she was. The awards that she won were picked by coaches who saw her play in many games against great competition. (All-Conference, All State, and All Greensboro News & Record). She also pitched against excellant competition all year long and defeated some very good teams and pitchers with the help of her teamates. She did not show an attitude in winning nor losing. I would say see had extreme pressure on her especially changing schools. All of this she handled well. I know you have heard that it is sometimes hard to coach our own.Especially our own children, because we want so much for them. I applaud her parents for what they are trying to do. It is hard to raise kids in these trying times. I hope that Homer 3 doesn't have to experience someone down playing a loved one, especially a daughter who plays the game. As for maturing I feel Danielle Glosson Will grow everyday because from what I've heard she is a very hard worker along with her Dad. I am sure the comments made will only make her a strong young lady. :applause: : :applause: Also the one thing I don't understand is that 2005 hasn't even started yet and one ball has not been thrown in NC.Also teams and players have not played a game yet but we are chastising kids of 2007. I will continue to read TBR for a while but I am signing off because it is our kids who pay the price everyday. Remember yesterday was your easiest day. The world is tough enough without hurting a game.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  8. hispeed

hispeed Full Access Member

you are exactly right sports buff. i always get a kick out of people that say "man you ought to see this girl in jr. high play ball, she is only 11 and she's throwing 60 mph". i like the song "let them be little" for they grow up so quick!
    i have witnessed Miss Glossen pitch and the only ones having a problem with her was the girls she sent back to the bench with a strikeout. as she or any pitcher spends more time in the pressure circle, so adds the toughness of mind. its alot for someone when they are standing 32 - 35 (after landing) from a ball pitched 60mph and then someone whacking it back at you and a bunch of other people yelling at you if you mess up and not one of them is willing to stand in the circle or face the circle. and if she wasn't a good pitcher we wouldn't even see her name mentioned now would we. i think ND will be tougher because of her. :banana:

9. CurveBlue

CurveBlue CurveBlue

:applause::applause:well said

10. EnkaMom12

EnkaMom12 Full Access Member

Was this post actually made by an adult?
    Personal attacks should have no place on this forum.