1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2007 Grads

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by LBlues 1, Jan 10, 2005.

1. EnkaJet04

EnkaJet04 Full Access Member

Enkamom12, you are so right. Thank you for taking the high road. :applause:

2. Homer3

Homer3 Full Access Member

In no way was I trying to make a personal attack on Ms. Glossen. I was only stating what I have seen what I have seen since watching her play tournament ball for a team in Rowan Co. since she was 12 up through HS. (My neice plays on her summer team.) But sometimes being up front and honest can be the best thing that you can do. She has matured greatly and is already a very good pitcher. However, she will limit her success if she is unable to control her emotions. Knowing her, she will be able to take comments constructively and become a better pitcher. She has the best pitching coach around and plays in one of the best HS programs in NC. As she continues to mature, she will only become better.

3. No9SoftballMom

No9SoftballMom Full Access Member

Best wishes to this young lady as she grows up and mature's. The best way to silence negativity is in the circle, when you sit them on the bench one at a time.

4. curverise

curverise Full Access Member

Who is the pitching coach that you are referring to? I'd like to try another set of eyes.

5. NDTIGER

NDTIGER Junior Member

Opinions are held by everyone and are usually best shared at the request of the party about whom an opinion is held. This being said, Homer3 should keep his or her opinion to himself until asked for or until he has earned the right to share it by stepping between the lines and getting into the game instead of standing outside the fence being an overly opinionated observer. If you want to criticize, GET IN THE GAME!

6. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

Talk about emotions? I was at a game in Rock Hill last summer watching a game between Danielle Glosson’s team and another team. I think the other team put as much pressure on that young pitcher that a team could by taunting and making very loud noises with bells and sticks beating on metal grandstands. The noise got so bad that I had to move. As I stood there and talked with Danielle’s Mom, I could tell she was really hurting. With Danielle’s team down 3 runs she ignored the rudeness of the other team. Her Mom couldn’t bear watching the rest of the game, and went to her car. Danielle’s team beared down and came back to win by one in the last inning. If I’m not mistaken Danielle drove in the winning run. Danielle’s Mom came back from the parking lot to find out that Danielle’s team won. She commented to me that she wished she had stayed to watch the rest of the game, but just couldn’t stand the way they were treating her daughter. If a pitcher can stand up against what I seen that night then I don’t think she has a problem with controlling herself. Many times we parents fall to emotions before our kids do. Just my view. Comments welcome.

7. cfastpitch44

cfastpitch44 Full Access Member

Great Post

Great post Cometfan, alot of people can make comments about people and never know how tough it can be on these young pitchers. Let them get out there with a team yelling, screaming, tuanting them in a big game and watch there expressions. I have seen most of these talented players hold it together better than there parents and fans. IMO emotion is a great thing for the game, everyone is not going to act the same in a heated battle. As long as it is good Sportsmanship let them show there emotions. PLAY TO WIN!

8. sports buff

sports buff Full Access Member

I :applause: you folks for standing up and behind this situation. For strong beliefs in our kids. Thank you for your strengths and not weakness's. This is why I believe in TBR. North Carolina is blessed with alot of people who understand the game. Comet fan, Cfball, cfastpitch 44 and numerous others always come to the aid of the purity of our game. You all understand the pressure that goes with every positon as both player and a parent. Thank you and again I :applause: :applause: :applause: you all.

9. fastpitch5

fastpitch5 Full Access Member

As the mother of a pitcher, it is always hard for me to sit and listen to the taunting coming from the otherside. Fortunately, it does not bother my daughter at all,she just laughs it off but there have been many times that I have had to walk away so I would not say anything that would embarrass her or me. I know it's part of the game BUT sometimes it gets way out of hand and I think coaches or umpires should put a stop to it when it does. If the taunting is done tactfully and good naturedly that's not much of a problem, but when it gets to the point that it's down right ugly then yes I think it should be stopped. All of these girls have feelings and I hate to see any of them walk off the field in tears because of it.

10. softball nut

softball nut Full Access Member

Being a dad with 2 DD's that pitch,sometimes I feel the same way about the taunting.I feel that pitchers are taken for granted .They have to put in way more time than the rest of the team,with lessons,working at home,warming up before games,etc.It takes alot of self discipline to do the extra work that pitching requires.I can say that it takes a special person to get on the mound,in front of all the players,parents, fans,etc,and pitch to a batter knowing that ball could be coming right back at you twice the speed,you just threw it.Every gal that gets on the mound has my total respect!
    I personally know Danielle since she was playing 12u with the Raptors,& do not know of a nicer person,who always goes out of her way to say hello to my family whenever she sees us.She is a special girl who works her rear off to be the best she can be,& that's one helluva pitcher!I would venture to say that the reason she may get upset sometimes, is because she is a perfectionist.Unless the individuals who pass judgement are pitchers themselves,who gets on the mound ,it would be mighty hard for me to say anything negative about those brave,or crazy gals on the mound!Go Cobras!!!!