1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2007 nw4a predictions

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by fhspatriot, Jun 19, 2007.

who will win the nw4a

Poll closed Aug 18, 2007.
  1. freedom

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  2. ac reynolds

22 vote(s)
    46.8%
  3. watuaga

13 vote(s)
    27.7%
  4. east burke

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. mcdowell

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  6. alexander central

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  7. south caldwell

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. Vanblundht

Vanblundht Junior Member

Kincaid is the best running back in the conference-He rushed for 2000+ yards on a surgically repaired knee and with no passing game or offensive line to speak of. If he played at ACR there would be no doubt as to the guys talent and ability.

2. baseballislife10

baseballislife10 Tiger Baseball Fan

I have to disagree... kincaid is good... but hes not good enough to take his team from losing to winning... obviously as it was shown last year... Eric can bring his team from losing by a touchdown to winning by 14... or from losing by 14 to winning by 1... Eric was the best running back in the conference... remember he also rushed for over 2000 yards... kincaid was fast and strong... but couldnt stay up as well as eric after being hit from what i saw... both are very good but i have to say eric is better.

3. baseballislife10

baseballislife10 Tiger Baseball Fan

Couldnt agree more good point FootballFever. Watauga will be better this year than last. From what i saw they lost two key linemen... Mitchell Harris and Joelle Dollar... then 3 defensive players... Will Davis... Tanner and Caleb Martin... they also lost Derek Smith due to transfer... but they also had Trey Dunnigan play this year and a transfer Mike something i believe that are both well over 6 feet and well over 220 pounds... they also return David Alger defensively and Logan Smith is comign up from the JV and is from what i hear very good. They will be better this year talent wise... now will they win the games... well you cant predict that due to what Seminolebaseball is saying with the injuries... but talent wise they will start out better.

4. CougarFootball40

CougarFootball40 Full Access Member

I disagree on him being the best running back in the conference, The reason being is when Watauga came to ACHS to play he didnt really do much.

5. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

How many Yards Per Carry did Breitenstein average, and how many Yards Per Carry did Kincaid average? That to me shows who is the better back, throwing up a bunch of yards can be done by anyone who gets more carries then someone else, but if you average more yards per carry then that shows you are doing it on average EVERY carry! Between the two I'll take Kincaid, but I wouldn't trade Spencer for either one of them......

6. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

SC in a nutshell; small and not super fast overall but not slow but a great coaching staff and some good athletes. they will have one of their best runnning backs they have had, for some reason can't think of the kids name old age I guess. SC should win some games but all in all it looks like a down year. As you know most of the athletes here play baseball and it seems like we are heading more towards that than ever before

7. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

Breitenstein is a "downhill" type runner that is hard to handle once his full momentum is realized and for that to happen he must have a good O'Line. Terrence is the type of back that is so fast once he gets past the first line of defense he can out-run everybody else on the field. McDowell had scheduled Burns for the last 6 or 7 years and last years matchup was the first time ever that a McDowell fan could argue that they had the best player and athlete on the field, given the tradition of football that's played at a school like Burns that's saying a lot. Buggy's performance last year was with the support of an O'Line that would be considered small for many middle school programs, give Buggy a line like Watauga's and he would he would have run for at least 2500 yards last year.

I said it last year and I'll say it again, Terrence Kincaid IMO is the best running back/athlete in the NW4A since Josh Brown (Crest) came through in the late 1990's/early 2000's but given the lack of success at McDowell, he'll be overlooked compared to someone like Spencer or Breitenstein.

8. whspioneers

whspioneers Full Access Member

Eric averaged 6.9 yards a carry FYI.​

9. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

10. Seminolebaseball7

Seminolebaseball7 Full Access Member

My opinion on the three running backs:

Spencer - From what I've seen, if anyone remembers in the regular season when ACR and Watauga played that play where Spencer ran that 60-70 yard td. That's the fastest I've ever seen a player accelerate through a hole and outrun everyone. The man can run. But does he bring a defense/punt blocking presence that Eric does...no

Kincaid - He works with the team he is given the best out of the three. I would bet that Spencer could not run as good as him with McDowells line. But if you gave Kincaid ACR's line he would destroy defenses. I would say 250-300 rushing yards per game. I would also say he is the toughest of the 3.

Breitenstein - He will flat out turn your team around. He is also the total package. He rushed for over 2000 yards and led the team in tackles and had at least 4 or 5 punt blocks. He can change direction better than any of those 3 I guarantee it. If yall could see the highlight film Watauga made last year you would be in awe. Some of his runs are unbelievable.

If you're looking for a pure running back, I would take Spencer or Kincaid. If you're looking for a playmaker on both sides of the ball, Breitenstein would have to be your choice.