1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2007 Senior Legion State Championship (Garner, NC)

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by JM15, May 30, 2007.

1. superwright

superwright Full Access Member

Why does Area I get three teams in the state championship and Area II only one team?

2. RaleighDevil

RaleighDevil Banned From TBR

It's that region's turn, and Area II lost a team when nobody would take the event.

3. JM15

JM15 Moderator

Part of Garner's deal in taking the tournament consisted on Area I West sending two teams.

Also remember, the Area I West RunnerUp will be the Area II #2 team as far as seedings go.

********If any of you have team photo's of any of the Final 8 teams, PLEASE send them to me ASAP!

4. JM15

JM15 Moderator

Garner Post 232 will face the Area III Champion on Wednesday, August 8th at 7:00pm.

5. Boxman

Boxman Full Access Member

Wow...it is shaping up to be one of the best AL state tourneys in awhile...teamwise

6. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Yep...it should be a great one. I wonder if Garner can handle having both Cherryville and Caldwell in the same town at the same time. JM needs to hire some UFC fighters as security :laugh4:

Seriously, you are right Boxman; this will be a great one.

7. JM15

JM15 Moderator

Spent a couple hours out at the ballpark this afternoon just thinking about how many folks should show up. The talent level of this tournament is amazing. I feel like these could be the Top 8 Teams in the State... usually there are a couple "sleepers" but I don't see any sleepers this year. The host team's record is ugly, but we all know that Garner will put up a fight in the post-season. These 8 teams can play and they all have a good history.

It's gonna be fun...

Just please do two things for me:

Spend Money at the Concession Stand
    &
    Don't start any trouble

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  8. Braves

I can guarantee you one of the two will occur. The problem is determining which one

Seriously, Jere, we're talkin' bout country folks here. Of course they're going to frequent the concession stand. Just make sure they stock enough food or you may be in trouble

9. west boy

west boy Full Access Member

I know there will be some good crowds in Garner, I know Rowan will bring a lot of people and I know C-ville and Caldwell bring people as well. It should be really fun. I hope to meet some of the TBR posters in Garner.

10. Braves

We need to find a way that allows all TBR members to be recognized. Perhaps JM can make an announcement before a game to notify a designated time and place for everybody to gather.