1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2007 Senior Legion State Championship (Garner, NC)

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by JM15, May 30, 2007.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

So...you are saying that I can be in the dugout?....cool! I like the way Jere is running this thing

2. NC Baseballer

NC Baseballer Junior Member

WOW

Listening to the Rowan / Morehead game on WSTP 1490 website broadcast. Rowan has showed up in full force. Morehead is still asleep.

9 to 1 Rowan early.

3. tj21

tj21 Moderator

I agree, Rowan came to play today, up 9-1 now in the 5th.

Btw, can catch all of Rowan's games during the tournament on the internet at www.1490wstp.com

4. Respectthegame

Respectthegame Full Access Member

Game 1

Rowan Co.........9
    Morehead City...2

5. travisunc

travisunc Full Access Member

Rowan dominates Morehead

Just got back from the game. Rowan dominated every aspect of the game. Coach Jim Gantt made some changes to the Rowan line-up after they sleep-walked their way thru the Randolph series. Joe Kesler, the normal starting left fielder and #9 hitter was benched. Trey Holmes moved from firstbase to left field. Weston Church moved from third to first and Justin Mock started at thirdbase. Matt Hall was inserted as the DH. The moves paid immediate dividends as Hall and Mock both homered and Church and Mock made diving stops of balls when Morehead had runners in scoring position. Justin Roland at shortstop for Rowan is incredible with the glove and on the bases. Cy Young was back to being Cy Young as he baffled the Morehead batters the entire game. I only saw Morehead hit 1 ball hard the entire game.

Rowan is in good position now as they have USC signee Keegan Linza on the hill tomorrow against Cherryville/Durham.

The temperature was incredibly hot out there. I feel sorry for the guys at the 12:30 game.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  6. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Congratulations travisunc on Rowan's big win. Your right about Roland at shortstop, he just gets to everything and very good arm. Will be interesting to see where he ends up playing in college.

7. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

coaches ?

any college coaches in attendance at the legion tourn?

8. travisunc

travisunc Full Access Member

Sat with some coaches from Wilkes Community.

9. jccunc1

jccunc1 29ers Fan

Caldwell County is having an easy time with Wayne County in the top of the 8th by a score of 11-0. Wayne will get one more chance to bat since they are the home team. Jimmy Messer from Caldwell pitched a great game and Caldwell had the luxury of taking him out heading into the 7th. Andrew Berry came on in relief of Messer.

I believe the pitcher for Wayne County was Garrett Davis who is heading to the Tar Heels and he was knocked out in the 7th. Two more pitchers were brought in for Wayne in the 7th after Caldwell erupted for 7 runs. Brad Chavis with a monster 2 run shot in the 7th.

Wayne with yet another pitching change in the 8th. This is getting ugly real fast.

10. jccunc1

jccunc1 29ers Fan

Rowan will not be playing Caldwell/Wayne County next but will face the winner between Cherryville / Durham.