1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2008-09 Northwestern 4A Predictions: The end of an era

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by bigdan, Oct 12, 2008.

1. topdog5532

topdog5532 Full Access Member

AC has the talent to win, should of won some games last year, a lot of girls that could make things happen just not playing this year.. heard several from last year not playing, wonder why?

2. interestedonlooker

interestedonlooker Full Access Member

softball rules the school and prep work begins in winter.....its a tradition at AC, Bball plays second fiddle. It would be nice if they could start a summer camp for the up and comers but most of the girls play summer softball. There isnt much support either from the higher ups IMO.

I've said my piece about this before, I wont go into it again.:Reagan-hittin-head-

3. topdog5532

interestedonlooker

Agree totally! Something is wrong though when girls that played all their life is not playing this year, Jr. and Seniors?

4. interestedonlooker

I don't know who or is or is not playing yet...but the Loudermilt girl that played Volleyball needs to be on that court! She would be a presence on the inside!

5. topdog5532

she my help, but don't think she is the answer!!!! I think what you said about summer bball is one answer, also think they need help in other places.
    We will continue to support them this year, they have several talented kids, Morris, Looper, several younger players.........

6. interestedonlooker

is she playing?

7. topdog5532

Who?

8. interestedonlooker

Have you got any influence so that they can put together a summer camp for the middle school kids? Maybe 5th through 8th? Thats where it all starts...its why the FB teams have begun winning more consistently and other programs are getting stronger......BBall seems to be the only one lacking.

9. interestedonlooker

Loudermilt.

you said "she may help".....I had not heard whether or not if she was playing....she is apparently a softball stud as well as Vball!

10. topdog5532

I agree, been trying for years to get a program, hard to do, the better players are playing for teams out of the county