1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2008 High School Softball Scores

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by F-PITCH, Feb 25, 2008.

1. jfagala

jfagala Full Access Member

But....

Sorry, but I am going to be a little sentimental here:
    I know we have great kids that we are fortunate enough to have play for us at Providence, but AK does too. Those kids are class acts and we enjoy competing with them in the SW4A. The players on both squads have a unique friendship that they are able to check at the door come game time and resume when it is over. There is definitely a special kind of rivalry developing there and we have nothing but respect for those players. They have a bunch of great ball players, but more importantly, they have quality young women as we do. Any day either one of us could be on the side of a win or loss. The teams are matched well.[/QUOTE]

Isn't this what true "sport" is all about? none of this running the score up mess, disrespecting others, playing head games, huge ego junk, a coach being all about himself/herself, etc? I am glad there are still kids/coaches who appreciate the game itself, not just the "W".

You are right about Leah, great kid and excellent talent.

2. topdog5532

topdog5532 Full Access Member

AC v Freedom

What I saw last night was 2 well coached teams with 2 very good pitchers, hats off to AC, could of went either way, both coaches know how to win, and the ladies on both teams can play, good luck to both teams and to Coach Fox and Sherrill because both teams are capable of winning in the post season.......Thad or Monty if you can, post the strikeouts and hits last night..

Laxton WP ? SO hits?

Hasson LP ? SO hits?

3. jfagala

jfagala Full Access Member

Piedmont/AL Brown and HRidge/Parkwood

Piedmont 15
    AL Brown 1

WP Casey Baucom, 5 innings

HRidge 2
    Parkwood 0

WP Emma Stevenson, perfect game through 5, only gave up 2 infield hits

4. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

Great to see Holly back on the mound for East Burke. She is a gamer and I love to watch her pitch. I know she will be a huge asset for EB.
    I watched Dakota Icard pitch at McDowell and was very impressed with this young lady. She controls her pitches well and worked out of several jams at McDowell to secure that win. She also has a good bat. She went 3 for 4 with 2 doubles against the lady Titans. The future looks very good for East Burke.:SPcheer006cheerbril

5. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

What was the score of this game?

6. homerun

homerun Full Access Member

Hickory Daily Record had Laxton with 15 strikeouts. Only stat they gave

7. homerun

homerun Full Access Member

ACHS 2
    Freedom 1

JV game
    ACHS 12
    Freedom 2

8. Freedom Sball

Freedom Sball Full Access Member

AC 2- FHS- 1

WP- Megan Laxton -- 15 K's, 3 BB's, 3 Hits, 1ER
    LP- Ashley Hasson -- 9 K's, 4 BB's, 4 Hits, 2ER

Great game, atmosphere. fun to be a part of! Really looking forward to round two in a few weeks. If I was a fan, I wouldn't miss it.

AC scored in the first after Chapman walked, stole second, and came home on a Poarch 2 out single. Freedom tied it in the 3rd after Ashley Harrell walked, moved to second, and scored on a Megan Waters single up the middle. Alexander went ahead in the 5th after a Tara Hajer single, Stephanie Krider single, a walk to Chapman and MEgan Laxton sac fly to right scored Krider. Freedom got out of the jam only allowing one run.
    Freedom tried to tie it in the 6th after Harrell walked, went to second on a push bunt by Conley, both runners moved up on stolen bases, but Laxton stepped up and struck out the next three hitters to end the threat.

Both teams had chances to score and both pitchers, defenses, coaching staffs, did great jobs. This was truly a fun game to be a part of. Just wish we had one or two more runs, but...

9. scubasteve

scubasteve Full Access Member

GREAT GAME

I attended the achs/freedom game with my 11yo daughter last night and I wanted to say thank you to both coaches. The passion and dedication that they have both put into these teams is extraordinary. I was proud to watch these two teams "duke" it out with my daughter and let her see that hard work and dedication pays off. Thanks

10. thewebsiteguy

thewebsiteguy Junior Member

North Davidson vs Montour PA

North Davidson 12
    Montour PA 0
    North Davidson is now 5-0 [​IMG]