1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2008 NCHSAA State Sectional Pairings

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by bigdan, Feb 23, 2008.

1. DownSouth

DownSouth Full Access Member

Hey Dan... just wanted to get your opinion on something. What do you think of the way the pairings work out this year? Do you think there some be some change in the way the tournament is seeded? Why should Hickory and Forestview be playing this round and not further down the road?

2. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

Hmmm...give me a few days on this one and I'll come up with an idea. Just right off the bat, I think the seeding process should be different because of all the split-class conferences you have now. Hickory and Forestview in particular does not apply to what I'm about to say but what concerns me is that you have a team that finishes anywhere from 3rd to 5th in their conference standings but they receive the same #1 seed that a legit #1 recieves.

While we are shooting questions, I got one for you...What do you think of having refs from your booking area in the early rounds of the sectionals?

3. DownSouth

DownSouth Full Access Member

Honestly I am 50-50 on this one.

On one hand, I think its pretty crappy that some team can get "homer" officials (and they do exist) for their playoff runs. There are officials that will allow more from coaches and players because they have seen it all season and are more likely to talk something out with a coach that have a repour with.

But on the other hand I can understand that its difficult to send some referees like a official from say Asheville to Winston Salem or Charlotte to call one game with the current gas price situation.

Just to break it down... I am not a fan of alot of officials in this part of the state. I wouldn't want to subject them on anyone else either... :rant:

4. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

Winter Weather starting to cause havoc up here in the mountains in terms of tonight's 2nd round action...

Avery/Swain and Polk County/Robbinsville has been called off and will be played tomorrow at 7 pm. Smoky Mountain at Shelby is also called off. Since both schools are to play in the boys bracket as well, tomorrow will be a 6:30 and 8 pm double header down in Shelby.

UPDATE: (2A) Newton-Conover @ Mitchell (Thursday 6 pm)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  5. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

Grimsley 69
    South Caldwell 30

Good year for the lady Spartans. A very young group who will be together for several years. Look for big things out of them the next few years.

6. titan90

titan90 titan90

McDowell 61
    Page 46

Washington 33 points

Gill 24 points for Page

7. titan90

titan90 titan90

Butler 52
    Freedom 50

8. titan90

titan90 titan90

forestview 75
    hickory 58

9. bbfan

bbfan Full Access Member

Freedom - Butler

Freedom bobbled too many passes around the basket. Butler double teamed Ford the 2nd half. Looked to me like the game was more physical than Freedom was used to.

10. CCHSvikefan81

CCHSvikefan81 Full Access Member

Concord 62
    East Rowan 49