1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2008 NCHSAA West and East Region Schedule

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by bigdan, Feb 29, 2008.

1. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

NORTH CAROLINA HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION
    2008 REGIONAL BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT PAIRINGS

Eastern Regionals--Women
    J.H. Rose High School, Greenville

Class 1-A
    Wednesday, March 5, 7 p.m.: Williamston (27-0) vs. Pender (28-3)
    Wednesday, March 5, 8:30 p.m.: East Bladen (26-3) vs. Cape Hatteras (23-3)
    Saturday, March 8, 3 p.m.: championship

Class 2-A
    Thursday, March 6, 7 p.m.: Graham (29-1) vs. Kill Devil Hills First Flight (27-1)
    Thursday, March 6, 8:30 p.m.: Red Springs (24-4) vs. Raleigh Cardinal Gibbons (20-7)
    Saturday, March 8, 5 p.m.: championship

Class 3-A
    Friday, March 7, 7 p.m.: Winterville South Central (28-0) vs. Greensboro Dudley (22-7)
    Friday, March 7, 8:30 p.m.: Wilson Beddingfield (25-1) vs. Eastern Alamance (20-7)
    Saturday, March 8, 7 p.m.: championship

Class 4-A
    Tuesday, March 4, 7 p.m.: Fayetteville Westover (27-2) vs. Raleigh Millbrook (26-4)
    Tuesday, March 4, 8:30 p.m.: Wilmington Laney (22-6) vs. Raleigh Wakefield (29-0)
    Saturday, March 8, 1 p.m.: championship

________________________________________________________________________________

Western Regional -- Women
    Atkins High School, Winston-Salem

Class 1-A
    Wednesday, March 5, 7 p.m.: Robbinsville (21-7) vs. Kernersville Bishop McGuinness (24-6)
    Wednesday, March 5, 8:30 p.m.: Chatham Central (26-2) vs. Avery (20-7)
    Saturday, March 8, 3 pm: championship at Annex

Class 2-A
    Thursday, March 6, 7 p.m.: Salisbury (27-1) vs. East Rutherford (25-4)
    Thursday, March 6, 8:30 p.m.: Mitchell (24-3) vs. East Davidson (25-4)
    Saturday, March 8, 5 p.m.: championship at Annex

Class 3-A
    Friday, March 7, 7 p.m.: Statesville (25-2) vs. Gastonia Forestview (29-0)
    Friday, March 7, 8:30 p.m.: Concord (28-2) vs. Franklin (23-6)
    Saturday, March 8, 7 p.m.: championship at Annex

Class 4-A
    Tuesday, March 4, 7 p.m.: McDowell (25-3) vs. North Mecklenburg (24-5)
    Tuesday, March 4, 8:30 p.m.: West Charlotte (27-2) vs. Greensboro Grimsley (29-0)
    Saturday, March 8, 1 p.m.: championship at Annex

Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
  2. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

WOW!!! Grimsley and West Charlotte in a semifinal?

3. The Warden

The Warden Full Access Member

I would have bet good money that the odds would have had McDowell playing against West Charlotte instead of North Meck. Grimsley and West Charlotte was a more compelling matchup for a regional final - factoring in with West Charlotte and North Meck coming from the same conference (ME-CA 7), and thus ineligible for a McDowell vs Grimsley and West Charlotte-North Meck semifinal.

Personally, I would have guessed McDowell facing off against West Charlotte and Grimsley taking on North Meck. But I would have been wrong. I dont know how the pairings were determined or who was involved in the decision making, but the brackets for this year's state playoffs have been amazingly screwed up.

***EDIT***
    I got to thinking about this on Sun night....The pairings for this year's 4A Western Regionals reminded me of the 1998 and 1999 regionals when in 1998, McDowell and Richmond Senior met in the regional finals in Hickory and both returned to Hickory High in 1999 to meet in the regional semifinals. It is the same this year as Grimsley and West Charlotte will face off in the regional semis, a rematch of their regional final a year ago.

This is the type of pairing that you gladly take and run with it. Now lets just focus on North Meck and how we can win. Does anyone know anything concerning North Meck?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  4. carouselambra

carouselambra Member

5. obxbb

obxbb Junior Member

First Flight

[​IMG]

First Flight's girls basketball team shows off some serious hardware after winning the Northeastern Coastal Conference championship game 54-50 over Bertie last Friday night at Hertford County High School. Pictured kneeling in the front row, from left, is Linsey Robertson, L. J. Beardsley, Alex Munden, Kelly Kenny and Kristina Argiroff. Standing in the second row, also from left, are Melanie Ange, Kim Rakowski, Bryce Sanders, Katie Lamont, Sienna Francis, Megan Gomez, Carolyn O'Neill, Paige Murray, Alisa Perry and Megan Warhover. The three plaques represent three important accomplishments this season: the regular season champions, tournament champions and junior varsity champions, who were undefeated this season.

6. dribbles

dribbles Full Access Member

Titans are fortunate that they got this draw! They will be favored in this game but don't think they would have been against either of the other 2.
    North Meck wasa decent team which got a girl back that had been hurt last year with an ACL-- Devonna Algood. 2 years ago she was one of the top post players in AAU circles. She has now gotten back a lot of this and is a tough match-up for Hamilton because she is taller and has long arms, her parents were both former college players. (not sure if she has signed anywhere yet)
    I would think McDowell would want to just flat out outrun the Vikings.
    Good Luck

N. MECK 61, N. DAVIDSON 40

N. Davidson5101114--40N. Meck1617217--61
    N. MECK 61 -- Chanice Rivers 16, Devona Allgood 13, Lauren Lewis 12, Marshall 8, Miller 6, Coleman 3, McDougle 2, Lemke 1.
    N. DAVIDSON 40 -- Ashlei Clodfelter 17, Allen 7, Day 4, Pritchard 3, Allen 3, Payne 2, Cook 2, Yokely 2.
    Records: NM 24-6; ND 20-9.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  7. FREEDOMFAN

FREEDOMFAN Junior Member

this is really hard to understand.. apparently north meck has some pretty good tea down their way and im not sure what forner means.. of course MHS wouldn't be favored in any game EXCEPT this one.. I'm prolly the only one that will say it out loud in Burke county and prolly take some heat for it tomorrow at work but MHS is better than us this year and Kurie IS a better all around player than Ali... this year... on that subject has anyone heard anything about the POY yet? I congratulate the MHS girls... No team that made it to the regionals is to be taken lightly but I do think they were lucky, getting the draw that they got, if you play any team that made it this far they're gonna be good so you have to bring your A game. GO NW4A

8. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

9. NW1Fan

NW1Fan Full Access Member

McDowell VS North Meck

In my opinion McDowell got a great draw here. I think this a game McDowell should win by at least 15. I say this because of the way they played EB in the first round. (68-66) EB should have won that game, but a couple mistakes down the stretch blew it. Their big girl inside is good, but very foul prone...all their players foul alot.

Good luck to McDowell!!

10. Freedom Sball

Freedom Sball Full Access Member

Good luck to the Lady Titans. Bring home a championship to the NW 4A. We will be pulling for you tonight