1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2008 nw4a baseball...i know its early but any predictions?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by tarheels45, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burkebaseball

burkebaseball POST 21

Freedom will probably struggle. As of right now I do not know if they have a coach, they lost Scott to Patton as well as most of their team. But they do have athletes there. Patton should make an immediate impact in the CVAC, although they will be young they have big game experience. EB I think returns most of their team but do lose McDaniel. They lost some close games last year and I see a change coming there as far as comitment. WIll know more after Sundays alumni game at Shuey. From the games I saw last year and watching the Post 21 team Mcdowell might be the surprise. They have alot of boys playing with Post 21 and are young. A couple pitchers corner infielder and a tough 2 bagger. South always good, the others I don't know too much about except what I read here. Again it should be good baseball. And next year we have another High School coming to Burke so I guess Burke will be gone from the NW4A after 2008 season. Any thoughts on the new conferences?

2. Pioneer-Pride16

Pioneer-Pride16 Baseball is Everything

I do agree baseballislife69...:) you have a great point. sharpe just has a presence on the mound. when his off speed becomes what it should be, i'll just stand out there and chuckle...make my job a little easier.

3. Indy 85

Indy 85 Full Access Member

There are 3 first baseman on this team not counting Wallace. 2 are seniors and one junior. Miller, a soph, will probably be on JV. However, 007 may not be out of the loop as far as he says. Wallace played catcher in the scrimmage yesterday.

4. Pioneer-Pride16

Pioneer-Pride16 Baseball is Everything

2.03 pop time...not bad for jakes first day behind the plate.

5. baseballislife10

baseballislife10 Tiger Baseball Fan

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  6. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

South Caldwell will have a lot to replace. But SC will always be tough no matter what. I don't think another state championship is ahead next year but a conference title is within reason. They will build around Messer and Chavis which is a good start. I'm gonna take a guess at one possible lineup for next year just for fun.

Center field: Dibernodi (sp)
    2nd base: Jackson
    Catcher: Chavis
    Pitcher/SS: Messer
    RF: Dillard
    Pitcher/SS: Penny
    1st base: Prestwood
    3rd base: ???? Could be Messer when he and Penny both aren't pitching
    LF: Smith

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  7. Theburkecritc

Theburkecritc Junior Member

here's my take

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  8. Theburkecritc

Theburkecritc Junior Member

1.Watuga Ethan Moyer is solid all the way around, Pete Hardee best coach in the state i expect big things from this group
    2.South Messer and the boys will give Watuga a run for the money it shall be exciting and with Parham at the helm never count this group out
    3. Reynolds dont know much about them but always good something in the water up there
    4.Alexander the number 2 hole hitter for alexander is solid i think the kid plays second he did a fantastic job setting the table for harrington, the catcher was very impressive in the games that i saw
    5.East Burke Rhoney and Chiz have the ability to carry this team with the help of a solid group of returners with a good season from Rhoney they could find a way in that 4th playoff spot over alexander
    6.Mcdowell Huskins Johnson and Freeman are all very good at what they do with a good season from these three that 4th playoff spot could be theres kinda like last year it could come down to a few close ball games at the end
    7.Freedom all of the talent is going to patton they will struggle all year Washington is the only starter to return he is good at times depends if he can find that consistency at the plate but its gonna be a long season for the patriots

9. baseball1623

baseball1623 Junior Member

McDowell-don't know many of the players...cept the 2nd baseman was good...they have an alright little left handed pitcher and JJ Johnson was a senior...so we'll see.

JJ is goin to be a senior

10. baseball1623

baseball1623 Junior Member

McDowell will also have a great catcher behind the plate this upcoming year... He is young and i think should have played up last year with Tyler, Eli, and Josh. His name is Brent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.