1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2008-NW4A

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by interestedonlooker, Nov 26, 2007.

1. grayb70

grayb70 Senior Member

this is where i start...

this guy will be nw4a conference player of the year for sure...i just dont see anyone else competing with what this guy has to bring...eb finishes first just because they have this MAN...i just dont see reynolds bein able to compete with eb...watauga might finish third but i just dont see much potential without eric...freedom may be the ones to surprise everyone...south has a pretty decent running game...alexander has some solid players but i just dont see them being able to compete with harpers "play only one way rule" its just not enough in this conference...and mcdowell with a new coach will be off to a new beginning...

eb
    acr
    watauga
    freedom
    south
    ac
    mcdowell

2. CougarFootball40

CougarFootball40 Full Access Member

I dont see east burke at the top simply because they lost their running back and QB if anybody should be number one i believe its ACR.

3. grayb70

grayb70 Senior Member

i dont think so...

eb is at the top simply because they have the best man in the conference to give the ball to...shatley is a big boy and he ran all over Indy and the nw4a just doesnt have anyone to stop him...

4. Indy 85

Indy 85 Full Access Member

WHS or ACR

It will come down to the last game of the season which I am guessing will be WHS at ACR. Watauga will run the ball enough to give their receivers a little rest. They have a very solid QB coming up and very talented recievers. If they can rebuild the defense, this team will be better then last year. Just my guess.

5. grayb70

grayb70 Senior Member

i still have to disagree...their whole offense and defense revolved around one guy...and he isnt their anymore...i just dont see watauga being able to be "better" then they were last year without eric...its just to much to have to rebuild around...they will be strong...so i predict they will end up third...just because of coach snow...

6. Indy 85

Indy 85 Full Access Member

I am of the opinion and have always been of the opinion that we relied on Eric because we could and not because we had to. I actually worry more about the losses on both lines. If we find replacemets there, we will be very good. I can see us being a lot like Alexander Central offensively last year but with a very strong defense. There are guys that are ready to step out of the shadows and I think that they will.

I liked our QB's last year. I really think that they managed the game well. However, I think Corum is more of a pure passer and probably will be a better overall QB. A very good QB is probably more crucial to an offense than a great RB. We will be fine next year.

7. bulldog

bulldog Junior Member

question

This is a clip from the Watauga Democrat about the realignment as presented by Watauga Sup. Short at the Feb. school board meeting...Are these the teams Watauga will play beginning in the 08-09 school year?

"School system superintendent Bobbie Short informed the board that the N.C. High School Athletic Association is in the process of realigning athletic conferences throughout the state.

The goal of the realignment is to reduce travel times for student athletes. Watauga High School will be placed in a new conference with two other 4-A schools, Alexander and South Caldwell, and with 3-A level schools Hickory St. Stephens, F.T. Foard, Hibriten, Patton and Freedom.

Under the realignment, the furthest Watauga athletes would travel is to the Hickory area.

The NCHSAA will make the final decision on all conference changes throughout the state in March."

8. fhspatriot

fhspatriot Full Access Member

Freedom and patton were put in a split 3a/2a league with shelby east rutherford,rs central,chase and burn in the first draft.patton did not want to be in a league with 4a schools.the realigment dont take place till 2009-10.

9. moesyslak

moesyslak Banned From TBR

Obviously you guys forgot about the NW4A Def. player of the year Rudy Cabral. The kid has had over 130 tackles the last two years. He had 20 tackles last year against east. All of Reynolds Defense is back.

10. CougarFootball40

CougarFootball40 Full Access Member

Good point.