1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2008 State Playoffs/Scores

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by CometFan, May 1, 2008.

1. eyesup

eyesup Full Access Member

Thanks Thad

Agree with you, but not going to complain, we had our chances. I will be up all night I am sure replaying this one. We could have and should have played better. The team that showed up tonight was not the same team kicking butt just a couple weeks ago. They did fight though and really showed everyone their heart above all else and that is the last thing I told them before letting them have some time with their lone senior. Maybe after everyone is done, you, us and some of the other west coaches can get together and have a chat how to make this system a bit better. I know Coach Stefanski and I would love to help make a positive difference in anyway we can. We are doing our part by volunteering for stuff and lending a helping hand when asked.

2. prklandsoftballdad

prklandsoftballdad Set my brother FREE!!

Parkland finishes the '08 season with a 6-0 loss to Parkwood in Monroe.
    sorry don't know alot of the names of the girls for Parkwood but there is some talent there. The McInteer (sp?) kid is a baller. Knocked in 4 and scored 1. Parkland only managed 3 hits in the loss.
    McInteer was 2-3 Good luck ladies continuing in the playoffs
    Parkland led by LeAnn Flowers 2-3 and Morgan Myers 1-3
    Parkland ends with it's best season since 1999 going 16-7

Thanks to the 6 seniors on Parklands team for a great 4 years.
    Geneva Hardy
    Toccara "Te" Harper
    Cailyn "Ding-Dong" Sappington
    LeAnn "T-Bone" Flowers
    Meredith "Mert" Pitts
    Ashley "Bashy" Myers
    Ash, Ms. Pitts, and LeAnn have played together since they were 8 years old. Emotional night for these fine young ladies. Te is going to Elizabeth City, Cailyn is going to Salem College, LeAnn will be attending Forsyth Tech and Winston-Salem State for nursing, Meredith will be attending UNC-Wilmington for nursing, and Ashley will be attending Elon University this fall as the first female D-1 scholarship athlete from Parkland. Thanks girls and best of luck in the future we will miss you.

3. stickwolf

stickwolf Full Access Member

Congrats again......Will you guys maybe get a home game??......

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  4. RobAC65

RobAC65 By Grace Through Faith!!

details details..

well details on the AC/Mcdowell game.. what can i say.. AC had runners on 2nd base numerous times and everytime we did. our hits went straight to mcdowell players or we had a pop up to shallow left or center.. just alot of mental errors throughout the game also.. but hats off to mcdowell.. only scoring came in top of 6th when AC made some fielding errors which proved costly.. Overall Megan Laxton pitched a good game just defense behind her slacked at times.. hate to say it and it doesnt seem right with a Monte Sherrill coached team but mcdowell was more disciplined and focused it seemed tonight.. Hate it for the seniors on the team Ashley Benfield, Jordan Poarch, and Megan Chapman.. but they have nothing to hang their heads about. Good luck to Mcdowell in next round and all other area schools. Oh and I really wish fans would keep their mouths shut about Monte Sherrill.. How quickly we forget that he was the coach that brought home all those banners that now hang along the outfield fence.

5. stickwolf

stickwolf Full Access Member

Really hate it for AC......And we'll take Monte RIGHT NOW if you guys don't want him...... Don't worry the naysayers will come to their senses soon enough.....

6. RobAC65

RobAC65 By Grace Through Faith!!

if AC let Monte go a 2nd time.. i would prolly disassociate myself from my alma mater forever..

7. marlinfan1

marlinfan1 Full Access Member

After its all done.....

..maybe you and a couple others can get together to see if we can make a positive difference?????? What?? YOU ALREADY HAVE!!!! PROPS!!!!!!!

8. jfagala

jfagala Full Access Member

Classy Post

How many others would be out front and face the music and say publicly what a great job the other team did and how proud they are of their own kids?? Very, very classy, but would expect nothing less from Eyesup. Tough loss....

9. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

any scores from the south point game in belmont or the ashbrook game in charlotte.

so far
    forestview lost
    north gaston lost
    east gaston won
    crest lost

just wondering how many teams from big south still in it...

10. EnkaMom12

EnkaMom12 Full Access Member

Tuscola 6
    Southpoint 0