1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2008 Top HS Teams

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by INTHEGENES, Dec 20, 2007.

1. marlinfan1

marlinfan1 Full Access Member

OffSpeed...

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

3. Abbey fan

Abbey fan Full Access Member

Chelsea

4. marlinfan1

marlinfan1 Full Access Member

...and she can hit....

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Just to make sure that my post was not understood, my comments were not directed at Chelsea. I'm sure she is outstanding. It was a general statement about the dangers of "enthusiastic" information and how it can backfire.

From what I have read in here about Chelsea Leonard, she is a player worth paying to watch. Atta girl...keep working hard!

6. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

I dont believe they took it that way Braves, Chelsea is without a doubt, D1 material.

7. central-d

central-d Full Access Member

Coaching changes

With several top programs getting new coaches it will be intresting how it will affect them. Some I think will benefit others could be disasterous. A struggleing program coul dsurge with a new coach while an established program can be destroyed with a bad fit. Maybe not a bad coach just one that don't fit the situation. I'll give some examples form the nw4a but will not mention any specific coaches names. I have seen several programs including ours (Alexander) where changes have hurt and not just in wins and losses. I'm talking dicipline, participation along with consistance success. With our new coach I think you will see a big difference in our future teams. East Burke has never had a coach that stayed more than a year or two and it so never got a program established. With their new coach this year they could have the start of something good if she will hang around a while. Watagua has never had the greatest talent level but with an established coaching staff that stays in tack they continue to improve every year. Mcdowell has under achieved with the talent they have had and I think it is due to the changing of coaches every year. Freedom was the perinall (sp) cellar dweller till they got a coach that put his heart and soul into the job. Now they are contenders year in year out. The two biggest melt downs have been South Caldwell and AC Reynolds. Both were very good year in year out battling for the conference title along with Alexander every year SC winning a couple but both lost their long time coaches and fell apart. Reynolds fell to a middle of the pack team and SC went from first to last in the conference. Could the same happen to the likes of Butler, Kings Mt. ect. Lets hear some thoughts on how other teams will fair. And please no names and no bashing not what this is about

8. Abbey fan

Last comment

Just wanted to say one more thing about Chelsea. Her family is to humble to tell people but UCLA sent Chelsea a letter and I spoke to UCLA assistant for 25 minutes on the phone. They were ready to sit down and talk to her about coming to UCLA. I think that shows the ability and potential the college world sees in her pitching ability. Also, I think it shows she can throw in the middle 60's or better and with movement or Louisville, UCLA, UNC, LSU, Va Tech, JMU, and others would not have talked to me about her.

9. Double Dog Dare

Double Dog Dare Full Access Member

Who does she play travel ball for? AbbeyFan indicated that she no longer played for him....where does she play?

10. Abbey fan

Chelsea

St Louis Chaos