1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2008 VOLLEYBALL SCORES & DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Volleyball Forum' started by cheeze105, Aug 18, 2008.

1. ucnttouchthis

ucnttouchthis Junior Member

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  2. whspioneers

whspioneers Full Access Member

Last year I couldn't get 3 people to post about WHS volleyball and now we have an all out war fare between Alexander and Watauga. Also knowing WHS, we have some in fighting from parents because their child isn't getting the recognition they deserve (they all work just as hard and should all be honored). Honestly I hear that once a week.

Watauga played like crap when they went to Alexander and lost in five. Alexander played bad (according to your fans) and got swept. It will come down to what each team does vs ACR. WHS has them at home, AC on the road. If not we will play a tiebreak for the #1 seed.

As for praising one player because she played well on hear, big freakin deal. Chandler did have a great game, if this guy wants to point that out good for him. Just like if you want to say your daughter had a great game, its your choice.

3. PersonRocketDad

PersonRocketDad Moderator

PLEASE KEEP THE THREAD CLEAN AND POSITIVE

Lets please keep the thread clean and positive people. I am thrilled we have a volleyball thread but I can tell you the moderators of This Board Rocks will not tolerate parents negative comments, negative comments about programs or coaches. Keep that stuff to yourselves. If not they will lock the thread!!!
    Also if we keep this a clean thread maybe just maybe it will grow and some college coaches will read some good things about players and programs....and yes coaches do visit TBR!!!
    Ok to mention certain palyers that are good and have potential. But back up your info with stats and names.

I would like to say thank you to all that post here about there scools and conferences!! This sport has grown by leaps and bounds this past few years in NC especially at the high school level and club ball. And when club season starts we can start a thread for that!!!

Good luck to all and the playoffs again this year are going to be great again!!:trophy::trophy::trophy:

4. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

personrocketdad is correct, lets not let this thread and replies go to waste. we're pushing for a seperate volleyball forum and it wouldnt help. everyone is entitled to their opinion, its all in the delivery.....everyone is entitled to pull for their school, but also respect the other schools as well. lets just keep this excellent thread going and not waste the time and effort that has been put forth by so many.

here's hoping we can get a seperate vb forum!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. vbdad

vbdad Full Access Member

let enjoy the games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok lets keep it clean from now on :chillpill:

6. hotsundad

hotsundad Full Access Member

Thank You cheeze. The reason I asked ( I am sure I am not the only one)about a separate forum for volleyball is to promote the sport and the girls who the game. It can and should be positive.

Any updates on the status of a separate forum?

Everyone can help promote the site....tell your friends in other areas....

7. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

with over 3000 views and 5+ pages of posts, this has become an obvious popular thread, we're pushing for its own, i believe we have more response and interest here than girls basketball, so keep posting, keep it clean and informative.

thanks

cheeze

8. vbdad

vbdad Full Access Member

Volley for the cure

Come and support the real team this afternoon, no is not AC or SC this evening, the Lady cougars and the Lady Spartans would battle to raise money for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. come and support this game as the team try to collect donations for this wonderful cause, and men, is nothing wrong with wearing "PINK" for a very good cause. their goal is to fill the stands and raise $1,500.00 for the foundation, so let go and help. enjoy the game...............see you there

:N1GodIloveyou:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  9. kmale

kmale Full Access Member

Topdog

You can't even give a compliment on this site, but you did try, I appreciate what you said.......Certain players do stand out, so we do need to recognize those players, TEAM sport or not, you did it in a very positive way..........Some players do stand out in all sports, and if you look on the bball site, the sball site and all of the other site you will find kids singled out ALL the time, that's life, as far as this ALL Conference thing, WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO, GIVE ALL CONFERENCE TO EVERYONE ON EVERY TEAM, WOW! get real! This isn't REC ball. These are high school girls, some are already adults..........I appreciate anything positive anyone says about my team, my school even any of my players, thanks for complimenting our team and our players, we are proud......vbdad, your apology is accepted also..........I know what you meant....

10. topdog5532

topdog5532 Full Access Member

Volley for a cure

Thanks kmale...VBdad it is going to be a fun night tonight, wear your pink,support a good cause! Let's get out there and make some noise in support of our team.......can't wait! Look for a large turnout..