1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2008 VOLLEYBALL SCORES & DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Volleyball Forum' started by cheeze105, Aug 18, 2008.

1. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

good cause, wish i could be there for support, have to do the jv football thing tonight.....last year as booster club pres............oh yeah.

2. vbdad

vbdad Full Access Member

game

I'll be there topdog cheering for the "PINK TEAMS". If anybody take pictures of the volley for the cure, can you post them? thank you

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  3. PersonRocketDad

PersonRocketDad Moderator

Great Cause!!

This is a great cause for a horrible disease that affects many people and families! haveing lost my own mother at a early age to Breast Cancer I do everything I can to help fight this disease!! The person Rockets particapted back on September 13th in the Serve For The Cure at host Charlotte latin and we had a ball. I think this was the third year we were there and it is a great time and a great tournament for a great cause!!! Thanks to all that help to fight Breast Cancer!!!!!!!!!:xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs:

4. vbdad

vbdad Full Access Member

cougars

The lady cougars won the game 3-0 vs SCHS. good crowd, not as much I expected, lady cougars raise over $2,700.00 for the foundation:N1yeeaah:. Eastburke beat Freedom 3-0. does anybody else have other game scores?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  5. cheeze105

club volleyball

my dd never played volleyball, consumed by softball. so tell me something about club volleyball, some of the large clubs, locations, how many games they play, when their season starts and ends and just how much does it cost to play club volleyball. i'm trying to compare this with softball travel ball.

also, in our area (NC) what college has the dominate volleyball team/program in D1, D2, and D3 and who would you like to be interviewed as a college coach????

6. cheeze105

state playoffs

with playoffs coming soon, I want to remind the volleyball players that the chances of you being seen by a college coach increase with every game you go further into the playoffs. you need to always have it in the back of your mind that "you're always being watched". your conduct during the game is just as important as your conduct before/after the game. college coaches look for not only what you do on the court, they also look at your conduct coming onto the court and leaving the court and also your conduct on the bench. I would also like to remind parents/players that if you see a college coach in the stands, you can only initiate contact after the match is done, NOT during the game. If there is more than one game, you have to wait until the last game is over. This is also the time of year when you should be carrying a stat sheet with your vital information on it. If anyone is interested in what should be on this sheet, contact me and i will post a sample on this forum.

7. vbdad

vbdad Full Access Member

travel vb

for all the information abouth travel vb. you can look it up at
    www.carolinaregion.org. it got clubs names and numbers

8. PersonRocketDad

Person Rocket update and Pac-Six Conference

The Person Rockets traveled to cross county rivals Northern Durham last night and swept the Northern Knights 3-0. 25-11, 25-14, 25-23. The Rockets were in sharp form last night and still have the top spot in the Conference secured.
    In other Pac- Six action:
    Jordan defeats Riverside and they go the distance in 5 matches. 25-21, 22-25, 19-25, 25-21, 15-12.
    East Chapel Hill downs Hillside 3-0. 25-12, 25-14, 25-17.
    Chapel Hill Downs Southern Durham 3-0. 25-10, 25-8, 25-9.
    Conference standings through 10/03/2008:
    1. Person Rockets: 9-2 Conference 15-3 Overall
    2. Jordan: 8-3 Conference 14-4 Overall
    2. East Chapel Hill: 8-3 Conference 11-7 Overall
    2. Chapel Hill: 8-3 Conference 10-10 Overall
    3. Riverside; 6-5 Conference 10-7 Overall
    4. Northern 3-8 Conference 5-10 Overall
    5. Southern: Unknown
    6. Hillside: Unknown

This conference this year has been great so far with some outstanding volleyball on any given night. As one can see by the Conference standings you better bring your "A" game every night!!! Playoff spots and playoff seeding for this conference are still up for grabs as 5 teams will make the playoffs from the Pac-six Conference. Some big games coming up next week!!
    GO ROCKETS!!!

9. PersonRocketDad

VOLLEYBALL PLAYOFF BRACKETS NOW POSTED.

The Volleyball State Playoff Brackets are now posted for viewing. Go to:
    www.nchsaa.org/
    Once you are there click on the "Playoff Brackets" link in the middle left side of the page. On the next page click on the "View Championship Brackets" link. On the next page under select a sport, look for Volleyball and click on "Current Championships" and it will take you to all the Brackets for 1A through 4A.
    Goo Luck to all who make the playoffs!!!!!!!!

10. PersonRocketDad

National Highschool Rankings and "Bubble teams"

The lastest PrepVolleyball.com national highschool rankings of the top 100 highschool volleyball teams in the country include two teams from North Carolina as of 10/02/2008. Those two teams are:
    #43. Mount Tabor
    #84 Cardinal Gibbons

Teams classified as "on the bubble" just outside the top 100 that were mentioned lately in North Carolina in no paticular order were:
    Broughton, D.H.Conley, J.H.Rose, Myers Park, Person, Triton, West Henderson

As one can see we have some pretty darn good volleyball in this state and it is growing better every year!! Keep up the good hard work ladies!!
    :clapclap::clapclap::clapclap::clapclap::clapclap::clapclap: