1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2008 VOLLEYBALL SCORES & DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Volleyball Forum' started by cheeze105, Aug 18, 2008.

1. digit01

digit01 Member

Thanks EnkaBall05. I appreciate the info. I understand how it is. Local papers just don't understand what volleyball is all about. They need to get out and watch volleyball being played now. Then maybe they will get it. Hopefully that will happen in the near future.

I heard the standings were like this, they thought:
    #1Enka
    #2N. Buncombe
    #3Asheville
    #4Franklin

Does this conference play a conference tournament and if so is there any information on how it is going or how it has turned out?

May I add also that I LOVE HAVING A BOARD JUST FOR VOLLEYBALL!:clap:

2. vbdad

vbdad Full Access Member

4-a nwrn Teams

The lady Cougar won the coin toss, they'll get firts seed on the playoff

1.- ACHS
    2.- WHS
    3.- ACRHS
    4.- EBHS

Good luck to all our conference teams.

:N1Greatjob02:

3. 2upthemiddle

2upthemiddle Full Access Member

Speaking of newspaper coverage

It seems odd that papers (specifically the Charlotte Observer, probably others) carry all the details of HS tennis matches, taking up multiple columns with names and scores of all matches, and only carry the game (set) scores of the volleyball matches. Rarely are there any details of games, key players, etc. Is that because the coaches don't have the stats when they call in the scores? I will give the Observer some credit, though. They've had a couple nice articles about volleyball here lately. My beef is really with the daily reporting of scores. I'm sure the kids would get a kick out of seeing their names in the paper like the baseball players, tennis players, CC runners, basketball players, soccer players, football players, etc. Plus it gives the average fan an idea of who the key players are out there, and some names to follow.

4. EnkaBall05

EnkaBall05 Full Access Member

MAC conference doesn't play conference tourney. Start state playoffs Saturday against Mooresville....final standings are correct.......

5. 1wildcat

1wildcat Member

CONGRATS to the Draughn Lady Wildcats in their inaugural season!!

16-2 record and Co-Champions of the Southern Peidmont Conf.

They will be the #1 seed in the state playoffs.

Great start for a first year high school.

6. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

welcome 1wildcat to this board rocks new volleyball forum. dont have to ask who you pull for, do we????

7. MTNMOM

MTNMOM Junior Member

Congratulations

Congratulations to the Varsity Watauga Lady Pioneers they finished the regular season with a 22-2 record and tied Alexander Central for the NWRN Conference Title. The Lady Pioneers JV Team finished the season undefeated look out next year!

Members of the Lady Pioneers Varsity Team
    #1 Kate Tester, Senior, OH
    #2 Emily Wood, Senior, DS
    #4 Marissa Greene, Senior, DS/LIB
    #6 Hannah Stewart, Freshman, S/MB/OH
    #7 Anna Church, Freshman, MB/OH
    #8 Chandler Butler, Senior, S
    #9 Bailey Hagaman, Sophomore, S
    #11 Megan Combs, Senior, OH
    #13 Nicole Tesh, Junior, MB
    #14 Lydia Sherwood, Senior, DS/LIB
    #15 Sydney Atkinson, Junior, DS
    #17 Madison Bakken, Junior, MB
    Good luck to the Seniors and good luck to all in the playoffs, I know you will do well!!!

8. rocketfan1

rocketfan1 Member

was it decided on a coin flip

I was at the game last night and one of the dad's of the other team, I think ACHS not Watauga, told me that they had just won the conference and the coin flip broke the tie? Is this true?

We have played both teams and while they are both great, Watauga is by far the stronger team. The ACHS parent told me that is why they had driven to WHS to see the flip!?! If you are tied for conference, why do you not play a tie breaker to decide it. A coin flip is a little strange for a title and seems a bit unfair to the other teams.

Just my opinion!!

9. rocketfan1

rocketfan1 Member

good job rockets

The rockets played very well against WHS last night!! Nothing to hang your heads about ladies!!! We are very proud of you gals. You had them scrambling several times last night. You ladies had some incredible passing going on and several great hits!!!!:clap:

10. mitchellp

mitchellp Member

not exactly correct

The coin flip did NOT break the tie. It simply placed them (ACHS) in the first seeding and WATAUGA in the 2nd. That does not mean that ACHS is the conference winner. It means they are CO-Champs. I do not know why they used a coin flip because if they had looked at the games, they would have seen that WATAUGA would have won it that way. (beating the other teams in 3 instead of taking it to 4 or 5 games. But it was a great match last night. The rockets played the pioneers very hard.