1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2008 VOLLEYBALL SCORES & DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Volleyball Forum' started by cheeze105, Aug 18, 2008.

1. rocketfan1

rocketfan1 Member

game tonight

please post time of whs/freedom game

2. southpaw2

southpaw2 Junior Member

picks

3A West

Now that Enka is out, North Iredell should sail through to the regional final. Who will they meet? Foard? Mooresville? C. Catholic? Hickory? Who should win the east?

3. 75gitane

75gitane Full Access Member

hope to catch charlotte catholic - foard match at 6m tonight. will post score, impressions if i go.

4. southpaw2

southpaw2 Junior Member

FTF game

I am trying to get to that game, too. Be interested in hearing what you say. Who do you think will take the match?

5. kmale

kmale Full Access Member

If Foard survives tonight, I like Foard and N iredell (West), (East) I like Conley and Rockingham 3A

4A I like Mt. Tabor and Watauga (west) (East) Person and Rose

Very exciting!

6. 75gitane

no idea ... have not seen catholic play since zahn was playing (3-4 years ago??).

and last time i saw foard was at a match with kings mountain ... again probably 2-3 years ago.

just hoping for a good close match. i never enjoy the blowouts ... i want my $5 worth (or is it $6?).

7. 75gitane

southpaw 2 ... did you make it? if so, what did you think?

i put this note in the 3A discussion too:

charlotte catholic over newton fred t foard ... 3-1

game 1: 25-15
    game 2: 25-17
    game 3: 17-25
    game 4: 25-22

catholic has relatively short team with a lot of hitting from the back row (#9, #14). had 2 jump servers ... neither one SHOULD have scored many points on those top spin and lolly pop serves.

i do NOT think i was watching the state 3A champs tonight ... hands pretty sloppy on both sides.

cost me $4 ...

btw - i liked the way foard #12 swings; definitely not afraid to hit the ball.

8. southpaw2

southpaw2 Junior Member

FTF/c catholic

I did not make it all the way to Charlotte--too late. Stopped at Hickory instead and saw the Mooresville game. Mooresville was very scrappy and a GREAT defensive team, but they were no match for Hickory's front line. Hickory started out a little sloppy and M. took the first game 26-24, I think. But, then the hitters/blockers got in the groove. Hickory rotates in a strong front line--Mooresville got blocked a few times too often and started hitting the ball long. Hickory's libero played a great defensive game, but the front line and some good serving late in the match won it for them. They have 3 hitters who put the ball down and wore down the M's defense.

Heard that Charlotte Catholic was a very strong team...no? Wanted to see them play. Wasn't Foard kind of small this year? Would like to see N. Iredell play. Heard that they haven't lost a GAME this entire season.

9. 75gitane

both catholic and foard were relatively small ...

guess i'm comparing this catholic team to the zahn days (1999-2001 or so). that catholic team was BEAST! this team nothing like that one ...

i would not expect this catholic team to go much farther ...

10. southpaw2

southpaw2 Junior Member

c catholic

Who do they have next? Do you think that they can make it to the sectional round? Can anyone beat N. Iredell? Did Buncombe beat Statesville? How strong is that MTNA conference--have not seen any of them play? Thought Enka was the whole conference, but they are gone.