1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2008 VOLLEYBALL SCORES & DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Volleyball Forum' started by cheeze105, Aug 18, 2008.

1. PersonRocketDad

PersonRocketDad Moderator

4A PAc-Six Conference update and Person Rockets Update

Well I was away from TBR for awhile and didn't realize we had a volleyball thread!! This is great!
    As of today (09/18/2008) the Defending State 4A Champions Person Rockets from Roxboro NC are tied at the top of the conference with East Chapel Hill. Both are 5-1 in conference play and will face each other again in two weeks at Roxboro. The Rockets are 11-2 overall and looking very strong again despite loosing 5 of it's starters from last years Championship team. NExt week will be a crucial week for the Rockets as they face a strong Chapel Hill team and also Riverside who has handed the Rockets there only conference loss to date. Both games will be at Rocket GYm.
    Pac-six conference standings are hard to find but at the top is Person and East Chapel Hill both tied at 5-1. Riverside and Chapel Hill are tied in second at 4-2 and Jordan is 3-3....the other schools I have no clue but are not contenders at this time. This conference once again this year is very competitve in my opinion.
    Will update again next week.
    Website for 2008 Rocket Volleyball: http://rocketvolleyball.com
    GO ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!

2. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

hey personrocketdad, wondering where you were off too.....we started this thread to try and convince the powers that be that we needed a seperate volleyball forum. we're working at it ......

3. vbdad

vbdad Full Access Member

cougars game

Well the lady cougars won again, it was not easy do, it seem like lady cougars forgot how to play as a team, they have a good team but i guess it was one of those days went all goes wrong, but they finally beat EBH 3-1, great defense play by # 7, she save a lot of hits from EBH Hitters, AC hitter were off target, but they still the team to beat, in 4A NW conference, they have a 6-0 conference record and a 11-0 overall, keep up the good work and remember you going to be good as long as play as a team.......together! you guys :rockinsmilie:

4. PersonRocketDad

Conference listings

vbdad, Can you list please the schools in your confrence?? just curious and if you have records that would be great! Thanks and good luck on what is shaping up to be a great season for your girls! :SCA+HL:

5. PersonRocketDad

Thanks cheeze!

Thanks for the thread!! I been busy traveling and working with the team and forgot about TBR!! How dare me!! lol...will try and do better!!
    I will try and keep the Pac-six conference updated also.
    Also wish we could get some news form teams in the east if anyone has any info??
    Have a great weekend everyone!

6. LClefty04

LClefty04 Full Access Member

I'm liking the idea of a volleyball forum.

7. vbdad

vbdad Full Access Member

conference

our team is the alexander central high, we are in the 4a nw conference

8. glenda

glenda Junior Member

Volleyball scores

Forest Hills High JV won over CATA last week 2-1. Varsity took the win 3-0. We are improving and loving the game!:pinklove2:

9. topdog5532

topdog5532 Full Access Member

NW4A Conference

Alexander Central 12-0
    Watauga 1 loss
    AC Reynolds 1 or 2 losses
    Mcdowell ?
    East Burke ?
    South Caldwell?
    Freedom ?

Watauga and AC Reynolds are strong! Don't know where you can find the standings at, www.gobiggreen.net has some of the conference standings.
    vbfan, your right, bad play at EB. several girls were sick but it should of been better......play as a team, win as a team, work as a team...Liz played well, but so did several others, but still not their A game.........Good luck against Freedom Thursday...........

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  10. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

welcome glenda to this board rocks preps forum....