1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2009 Junior Legion State Tournament - Asheboro

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by JM15, Jul 12, 2009.

1. LKNbaseballfan

LKNbaseballfan Full Access Member

Good luck to Mooresville Jr. team, bring home another State Championship to the Lake Norman area. Keep baseball in the spot lights in this soccer area.....Can anyone post any game stats for Jr. Moors games ?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  2. PutMeInCoach

PutMeInCoach I Love This Game

Nick Keith pitches game 1 in 67 pitches for win in 7 innings and is hot at the plate well over .500

Kevin Wentzel gets the win in game 2 and pitches 4 2/3 innings. AJ Nelson finishes the game strong, actually entered the game with 3 balls on the batter and struck the kid out working backwards.

Hunter Nanney is 4-6 with 3 doubles, single, intentional walk, walk, HP in 3 games.

Jake Beaver, Josh Skidmore, JR Overcash are all hitting averaging 2 hits per game.

Kyle Phillips is catching his butt off, last night probably biggest out of the game was a strikeout throwout with Chris Dula on the mound.

One of the college coaches had Chris Dula consistently @ 89. One pitch @ 92, but he was effectively wild last night and not as sharp.

No one is really standing out. Playing as a great team effort! Everyone is contributing. I will post final stats after series completion.

3. Squeeze

Squeeze Full Access Member

That Mooresville/Cary game tonight is going to be interesting. Does Mooresville come out firing or do they "save up" for championship day? If it were up to me, I would go after Cary at all costs because the last team I want to see on championship day is Cary. Rocky Mount could be tough as well, especially if Benton Moss gets back on the bump. How much did he throw on Saturday vs Cary? 5 innings, but how many pitches?

The sleeper could be Rutherford. How much gas do they have left?

Also, it is POURING here in the triangle. Any of you in Asheboro, please keep us updated on the weather. I plan on heading down this evening to catch the RM/RC and Cary/Moors game.

4. Dirty Mo Beau

Dirty Mo Beau Junior Member

Go get them MOORESVILLE

Best of luck to a great bunch of guys. They do things the right way. Coaches treat the players with respect and keep them informed of what is going on always keeping in mind the team before self mentality. When you do things the right way, you are rewarded with good things. A famous JV coach in the area says Karma! Players respond to this type of treatment and play like men. I only hate I cannot see them in person, but have kept up with them every step of the way. Go get them boys and bring home a championship!!

DMB

5. ForTheLoveOfTheGame

ForTheLoveOfTheGame Full Access Member

Carry leads Mooresville 2-1 bottom of 3rd. Holcomb started for mooresville.

6. newcoach42

newcoach42 Full Access Member

is moresville and cary the championship?

7. ForTheLoveOfTheGame

ForTheLoveOfTheGame Full Access Member

mooresville wins 3-2 bottom of 7 with 2 outs. Nick Keith drives winning run home. Looks like mooresville will have to loose two games to Rockymount in the championship game on tuesday.

8. JM15

JM15 Moderator

Heartbreaker for the Bulls. Joe Pistacchio pitched a complete game in the loss. The Bulls finish 43-4 on the season.

Good luck to a very good Mooresville team, they play the game the right way. Tomorrows championship between them and Rutherford will be exciting.

9. glide dad

glide dad Junior Member

Who does mooresville face tomorrow?

10. JM15

JM15 Moderator

Rutherford beat Rocky Mounty 5-2