1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2009 Outlook / Predictions

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by GreatestGame123, May 23, 2008.

1. GreatestGame123

GreatestGame123 Full Access Member

There are only a handful of teams left in contention for the state title this year - and good luck to all of them!

Most teams have been eliminated, but what do you see for next year? Who is coming back? Who do you see filling the open slots? Any wild predictions? (This is the "wait 'til next year" beauty of the game.)

2. travisunc

travisunc Full Access Member

Both of these teams are still in the playoffs, but East Rowan (3A) will be loaded. They have only 3 seniors and a group of very talented juniors. They should receive some national recognition. Sanderson (4A) will be very good as well. They return a strong group of juniors and some talented sophmores.

Ragsdale (3A) returns a lot of talent as well. I don't think they graduated anyone.

Salisbury (2A) will be very good and should make a run at the 2A state championship.

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  3. OurPasttime713

OurPasttime713 Full Access Member

I agree with all that was said, but just pointing out, Ragsdale is 3A.

4. travisunc

travisunc Full Access Member

My bad on Ragsdale. I corrected above.

5. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

I think we (Ragsdale) should be pretty good next year. We had no seniors this year and we could have used some leadership. We return everyone and add a talented freshman.

6. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

Rocky Mount

They will represent the East in 3A. They return a great group of proven players. They have some tremendous young players that will move up. They threw a freshman RHP tonight that went the distance and won 3-2 in Benton Moss. This team has a chance to be even better next year.

DH Conley will be even better next season imo. They made it to the Eastern finals this year. They are very young but very talented. They will be very good next season.

Southern Alamance will be very strong next season. They return all of their pitching next season. They have some very good posistion players returning. They have one of the better young hitters I have seen in Brandon Crawford moving up to varsity. SA will contend again next season.

Northern Nash will be very strong next season. LHP Tyler Joyner will be a senior and he will anchor a very strong pitching staff. They were young this year and they were a good team. Next year I look for them to challenge RM in the NEW-6. They will be a team that will contend next season in the east.

These are my picks in 3A eastern baseball. All four are going to be very very good.

7. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

Asked in an earlier post

Seems that everyone is hold their cards close. My question was more so. Who has been playing those rising players? You play your best nine or ten, to win. That is a given. But, in the games that you have a fair idea that you will win. Why not play the bench guys? :rant: Not talking about a inning or two. The game win or lose. Sorry, but this gets me just a little. We all know that bull pen is different than the mound in a game. Game play is differant than infield practice. Is it about playing those who will be your next year starters? What programs do this every year? A couple of years at the top or programs that stay on the top. How about this the :darwin-fish: effect. :N1butbutHL: we will have those who say, " It is about winning." It is at that point in time. But, who looks down the road? Time after time, year end year out.

8. OldAngelsCoach

OldAngelsCoach Full Access Member

Here We Go Again!

Huh??

9. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

Plate Dad

What are you really trying to say?

10. throwheat22

throwheat22 Full Access Member

Wow.