1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2009 Outlook / Predictions

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by GreatestGame123, May 23, 2008.

1. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

Great Post

Great information on Sanderson. Congrats on a great season. And good luck next season.

2. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

Well thought out. If you are thinking I suggest replacing the whole line up? Since you use a playoff game as an example. I would have to see how the game progressed. I guess in that game they (Norman) started their ace pitcher? As SW did? Oh.. playoff games are different. I am saying is why not put in some players in games that mean nothing to get game time. I will ask you this: You and I are in the same conference. We both play 24 games each. You play your starters all your games and win all but two conference games. I play all my starters and win all my conference games, but I play some of my non starters in non conference games, we loss a few. Your record is 22-2, conference play 6-2. Mine 20-4, conference play 8-0. Who gets the better seed in the playoffs?

Your in. I'm in. You play your first game as I do. Our CF and 2nd baseman get injuried. You and I have go to the bench. You stop and think what do I need to do? Who can cover? Do you move players out of their regular positions?

I look at the bench and call out two players. Johnny on the spot!! Why, I know what they can do during a real game. You are making decisions based on your best guess as how they did in practice, not on what your players can do during a game. Who has the better chance of winning?

3. Plate Dad

Is it not the same????

4. Plate Dad

Not sure on this one

5. ledwards1109

ledwards1109 Junior Member

Not to put anything on Sanderson, but providence is only losing 2 players out of there starting 9 players. They started 2 seniors, 5 juniors, a sophmore and a freshman. Hopefully they can manage a little better against ardrey kell next season as they were 0-4 this season against them.

6. GreatestGame123

GreatestGame123 Full Access Member

Providence - 2009 Team to Beat

I agree - Providence is my VERY early pick for 2009.

Remember - you heard it here and from me FIRST. (This will come back to bite me somehow !! )

:smiley-patriotic-fl:smiley-patriotic-fl:smiley-patriotic-fl:smiley-patriotic-fl

7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

You are no longer on Danny Hignight's Christmas Card list. :astrosmiley:

8. GreatestGame123

GreatestGame123 Full Access Member

Card List

Pretty sure I never made it onto his Christmas card list to begin with !

:cussing:

9. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Come to think of it.....I'm not either

10. OurPasttime713

OurPasttime713 Full Access Member

This is a very extreme circumstance though. Let's pretend that your CF and 2B don't both get hurt in the playoffs . Your starters have played 15 or 16 games throughout the course of the season, and my starters have played all 24. I'll take my guys chances, they've had more time to find their swings and stay in a rhythm throughout the season. I understand your argument but the chances of players being injured in baseball is far less than in contact sports. Therefore most coaches want to get their starting 9 as many reps as possible and have them ready for the postseason.