1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2009 travel ball tournaments

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by SC-ASA, Jan 8, 2009.

1. trooper

trooper Banned From TBR

WndMillR wrote:::
    we are walking down......

Let's play nice..........

I can't see anything positive coming out of this....
    The concept is great.....but everyone will have an opinion on who is deserving or not...

This could get ugly and hurt some feelings....

Settle it on the field

OK

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  2. trooper

trooper Banned From TBR

WndMillR wrote:::
    we are walking down......

Let's play nice..........

I can't see anything positive coming out of this....
    The concept is great.....but everyone will have an opinion on who is deserving or not...

This could get ugly and hurt some feelings....

Settle it on the field

It isn't necessary to see a good swing.....
    You can hear it..--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------OK:basket:

3. trooper

trooper Banned From TBR

Softball247, What teams out there do you consider in the class of the "best of the best" in the 14u age bracket. I am not trying to put you on the spot. You could always send me a message. I do remember the NC Challengers as a Dominating team in 2008, but I also know you lost some very good talent.:patriot:

4. TheNameOfTheGame

TheNameOfTheGame Junior Member

Adam's a good dude. Mabye everyone should just look at this as a name like "Queen of the Hill". Windmill is right when he talks about this being a slippery slope.

Good luck Adam!

5. trooper

trooper Banned From TBR

I am looking mainly at 14u as I don't know much about the talent level in the 16u and 18u. The only 16u team I do know about that should easily qualify for the Best of the Best are the Wildcats. At 14u there are some very good teams, but take into consideration that some teams have lost top players who have aged out and will not be a "Best of the Best". I believe the tournament is set for July, so there should be plenty of time to choose the top teams. I know the person in charge of the NC Challengers organization (Andy), I have stated in other threads that he is a gentlemen and a person who runs a top organization. My DD played under coach Renzi at 14u as a 12 yr old. When this tournament is finally set up. It will be one that will attract alot of people to come and watch. I wish the NC Challengers the best as this may be the tournament of tournaments.:60:

6. treck

treck Softball is my life

S GA Season Opener Filling Fast-Deadline Approaching

South Georgia ASA Season Opener

February 28-29, 2009

Paulson/Scarboro/Minnick Softball Complex's in
    Savannah, GA

Age groups - 8u, 10u, 12u, 14u, 16u & 18u

Classifications - A, B, GOLD

Deadline to enter is February 10, 2009.

5 Game Guarentee - 3 Pool games to a seeded single elimination format with consolation games for 1st round losers.

Cost to enter - $300

List of teams entered is below.

Teams Entered - Updated 1/22/2009

ASA Season Opener - Gold/Silver/Bronze Brackets for Championship Play (8 Teams per division)

Format is designed to protect early season arms. NO FRIDAY PLAY! Three pool games on Saturday. Elimination event on Sunday.

SATURDAY AND SUNDAY ONLY - NO FRIDAY PLAY

8u(Coach Pitch)-Angels (Smith)

10u- 98 Terrell Mill Titans (Ward), Georgia Valkyrie, 98 GA Extreme(Murphy), Beaufort Badkatz(Layman), Southern Explosion(Ambrose), Savannah Indians(Ginn), 98 GA Impact(Gibson), GA Rockers (Branch), Screaming Eagles (Hutson), Coastal Power (Newcomer)

12u-Angels(Newman), Middle GA Catalyst (Lamb), Macon Blast (Mayhue), GA Bandits(McClellan), Beaufort BadKatz(Layman), Southern Explostion(Ambrose), GA Impact(Bass), Screaming Eagles (Hutson), Coastal Power-Orange, Coastal Power-Maroon (Newcomer), Georgia Impact (Bass)

14u-Angels(Brock), Heavy Metal (Jennings), Stingrays(Logue), Tallahassee Merchants (Martin), GA Ambush (Connally), Southern Explostion-Blue(Ambrose) , Blount Force (Laugherty), Beaufort Badkatz(Layman), Southern Explosion-Silver(Ambrose), North Georgia Scorchers(Niemczyk), Timberwolves (Hughes), Screaming Eagles (Hutson), Coastal Power (Lorimer), Georgia Rockers(Collins)

16u-Angels(Martin), Angels(Morris), Stingrays(Minick), Coastal Power (Marsh)

18u-Angels Gold(Ty), GA Bandits Gold(Jones), Angels(Egan), East Georgia Thunder(Salzman)

ENTRY FEE FOR THE SEASON OPENER IS DUE BY FEBRUARY 10. POOL GAME SCHEDULE WILL BE POSTED BY FEB. 14.

BRING YOUR GAME SOUTH FOR A CHANGE!
    Ty

WWW.SOUTHGEORGIASOFTBALL.COM

7. treck

treck Softball is my life

Southern Star All-Star College Showcase Registration Now Open

Southern Star All-Star Showcase's - August 2009

Due to demand, we now have three events in August, choose the one that best suits your needs based on your colleges of interest. Each event is attended by college coaches on a regional basis.

August 8-9 Boyton Beach, FL
    August 15-16 Peachtree City, GA
    August 29-30 Las Vegas, NV

1) For those who have played in these events before, we do need an updated registration, so please go to the web site and request a new one. www.southernstarsoftball.com

2) For those of you who have not heard of or played in one of these events, here is a brief description:

This is an open college exposure event for individuals who are seeking to be recognized by college coaches as players having the potential and desire to play softball in college. For August 2009 you must be planning to graduate from 2010 to 2013 to be eligible to enter. This is not a TEAM event. You sign up as as individual and we place you on teams to play 4 games in front of college coaches. No matter what grade you are in coaches are wanting to find players who have that extra desire to play at the next level. Do not rely on just your travel team or high school team for college exposure. You must cover all the bases. This is one of the pieces of the puzzle and could be a big piece. It is never too early, nor too late! But you need to get started early and the later it is in your career, the more events you need to participate in. We help guide you in the recruiting process and help you contact coaches to come see you play. Our system works, this format works and can be a useful tool to help you win the recruiting game.

Questions that always come up:

"I MAY HAVE A CONFLICT ON SATURDAY, BUT I DO NOT KNOW AT THIS TIME. CAN I STILL SIGN UP TO PARTICIPATE AND LET YOU KNOW LATER?"

"MY HIGH SCHOOL TEAM PLAYS ON THAT SATURDAY. CAN I STILL PARTICIPATE?"

"MY HIGH SCHOOL COACH SAYS HE DOES NOT WANT ME PLAYING DURING THE HIGH SCHOOL SEASON. BUT I WANT TO GO TO COLLEGE AND PLAY SOFTBALL. WHAT DO I DO?"

If any of these are you, please read below.

ATTENTION EVERYONE - We realize that many schools start in August, some high school sports start in August and in Georgia, even HS softball starts in August. This event does not conflict with any high school events and is endorsed by most high school coaches in the states we are in. This event is not for everyone and is just for those seeking college exposure. If you have a conflict on the Saturday of the event (high school games or practice), you can request to be on a Sunday only team, so therefore you can still participate. We are not saying that you need to skip practice or games to participate, we make arrangements for you as you can be on a Sunday only team. Remember, if someone says that you can not play in this during a high school season; nobody can dictate to you what you do on your own time, except your parents. This is your chance to be seen by dozens of college coaches and if anyone tries to tell you that you can not participate in this event, ask them if they are going to help pay your way to college. Otherwise you have to do what is best for you. It is your time, it is your business and this is your chance to help yourself. (Not trying to be rude, just being honest) Do not miss out.

REMINDER - If you are unsure of your high school schedule in August, that is OK. Go ahead and sign up, but you must let us know by July 1 if you need to be on a Sunday only team or now.

THESE EVENTS WILL FILL UP, SO DO NOT WAIT! DEADLINE TO ENTER IS JULY 1, 2009.

Go to www.southernstarsoftball.com for more information and to request an entry form.

If you are unsure if this event is right for you, call you nearest college coach and ask their opinion. Don't take mine or anyone else's word for it, don't listen to anyone except for those that it benefits the most, the college coaches. Also if you need some personal stories, I can send you e-mails from the over 2 dozen seniors who have played in these events over the last year that have been seen, evaluated and signed from their participation. They know!

Good luck in softball,

Ty

8. SC-ASA

SC-ASA Full Access Member

Looking for 12u Teams

April 3-5, 2009

ASA Season Opener
    Simpsonville, SC
    @ beautiful HERITAGE PARK
    2 Pool + Double Elimination

[FONT=Times New Roman,sans]Entry Fee ONLY $175 Until Feb.28th
    [/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman,sans]12u Teams Already Entered
    1. W. Cobb Chaos - GA
    2. Lady
    [FONT=Times New Roman,sans]Lightning - SC
    3. Up-State Xpress - SC
    4. CV Storm - NC
    5. Carolina Thunder - SC
    6. Carolina Pacers - SC
    7. Carolina Raiders - SC
    8. Carolina Rage (Orange) - SC
    9. Blue Ridge Explosion - NC
    10. Southern Battle - SC
    11. Palmetto Wildfire - SC
    12. Saluda River Stingers - SC
    13. The Elite - SC
    14. Saluda River Stingers (Todd) - SC
    15. Lady Racers - NC

We would like to add a few more for a great 12u tournament to start the season off with a bang.
    [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,sans][FONT=Times New Roman,sans][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,sans][FONT=Times New Roman,sans]Contact : Chad Greene
    [email protected]
    Website - www.eteamz.com/scasa

[/FONT][/FONT]

9. CardCoach2

CardCoach2 Full Access Member

Carolina Cardinals East Coast Fireworks

Just thought I would update everyone on our newest tournament to be held in Raleigh, NC, July 3-5. The early response has been overwhelming. We currently have teams from NC, VA, GA and AR. We have fielded calls form FL, OH, TN, and SC and are awaiting entries from those states. I only have a few spots left open as I will only take 60 teams. I only have the following openings left: 5-18U teams, 2-16U teams, 2-14U teams and 4-23U teams.
    It is filling up fast so if you wish to enter, better do it quickly.
    The format is 4 pool play "Showcase" games followed by single elimination.
    Here is a list of who is entered as of today, 2-6-09:

23U
    Carolina Cardinals
    Grand Slam USA
    18U
    Cape Fear Storm Black
    Cape Fear Storm Purple
    Carolina Attitude-McDowell
    Carolina Attitude-Plemmons
    Carolina Cardinals
    Carolina Cardinals Calloway
    Carolina Cobras
    Carolina Curve
    Carolina Flames
    Catawba Valley Storm
    Denver Dazzle
    GA Impact
    Greensboro Batting Center
    High Point Heat
    Hurricanes-Edgerton
    Knockouts
    NC Challengers-Stewart
    NC Lady Titans
    NC Rockers
    NC Sundevils Elite
    NC Sundevils Maroon
    Richmond Ruckus
    Richmond Storm
    Stretchlon Lady Stars
    Triangle Lightning
    16U
    Carolina Attitude
    Carolina Cardinals-Red
    Carolina Comets
    Diamond Girls
    Dynasty ( AR)
    Fuquay Bombs
    GBC Fastpitch Fever-Black
    GBC Fastpitch Fever-Blue
    Lady Blues-Hill
    NC Challengers 14U
    Southern Shock
    Triangle Lightning
    VA Extreme Force
    VA Renegades
    VA Twisters
    Wayne County Hurricanes-Curt
    14U
    Cape Fear Storm
    JC Clippers 95
    Carolina Comets
    Triangle Lightning
    If interested in one of the remaining spots, please contact Rick McHone @ www.netzero.com or 336-416-6056

10. beverlyholcomb1140

beverlyholcomb1140 Junior Member

Softball at the Beach

[FONT='Arial', 'sans-serif']NSA will be hosting girls fastpitch softball at the beach this year. Tournaments will be starting in March. Please check the website, www.playnsa.com for dates and locations. We are looking forward to an early start due to great weather on the coast. Temperatures this weekend are going to be around 70! Brunswick County and Southport/Oak Island are great family beaches and welcomes fastpitch softball in our area.[/font]
    [FONT='Arial', 'sans-serif'][/font]
    [FONT='Arial', 'sans-serif']Every tournament will have extra activities for the girls in each age group. We will have things like home run derby, base running contests, thowing contests and pitching contests. We are doing this to allow girls to show off some of their individual talents with winner awards in each activity.[/font]
    [FONT='Arial', 'sans-serif']If we have 5 or more teams in each age group we will draw a team name for a free entry to one of our tournaments.[/font]
    [FONT='Arial', 'sans-serif']Every tournament will have special things like this to promote NSA at the beach. Most tournamnets will be held in Brunswick County and Southport/Oak Island. Special pricing for motels and houses are available.[/font]
    [FONT='Arial', 'sans-serif']I can assure you these will be enjoyable tournaments at the beach! HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE[/font]