1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2010 NC High School Softball Playoff Scores

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by bugsdad, May 18, 2010.

1. stickwolf

stickwolf Full Access Member

OK lets give some credit here. Stuff like this happens EVERY GAME. ESPECIALLY in games of this magnitude. Sometimes its the first team to blink. I'm affilated with neither I was at the game and give LN credit. They forced some of those "mental mistakes" by putting the ball in play. Sometimes simply putting the bat on the ball and not striking out can reap some benefits. There may have been a reason for some of those mistakes..... It was called THE OTHER TEAM. AND you say "AC hit some hard balls but they were right at people"... yeah and what did those "people " they were hit at do with them??? They picked it up and threw them out..... Also a difference between winning in the playoffs and losing. I just saw 2 evenly matched teams out there last night (and i thought that before I went to the game having seen both a couple times) one made the plays when the pressure was applied, one that made a couple of mistakes BECAUSE pressure was applied. Give credit to LN for forcing your hand instead of letting the pitcher ring up bout 17 ks . Congrats again to 2 great teams on great seasons and thanks for giving me my moneys worth. Good Luck LN from here on.

2. breezy's dad

breezy's dad Member

Once again another great post, its typical of a losing team to say that they made mental mistakes, but like I said the seniors you lost last year werent making those mental mistakes!!!! As was said earlier the ball was put into play and AC didnt make plays, they got rattled and didnt execute. When that defense is used to Chelsea striking out 17+, they dont do so well when people put the ball in play. Both teams were very evenly matched but the one that executed their game plan won the game.

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  3. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

well said people, now that this game is over, can we put it behind us before it becomes something else.

i would like to get through this year before we have the usual AC vs the world thing.

just sayin

:xyxwave:

4. F-PITCH

F-PITCH Full Access Member

None

Cheeze, everybody is giving props to both sides. I don't think it is going in the wrong direction. It was for sure a great game between both teams.

5. fastpitchndad

fastpitchndad Full Access Member

Wise Cheeze !!

Cheeze is very wise to make this statement ,because every year it does turn into one team spotlight...it would be nice if people would love all the girls and not just 12-15 during these times. For the winners and the losers good luck for the rest of the high school year and have a safe summer !!

6. jmundy03

jmundy03 Full Access Member

I was giving Lake Norman credit. I know the game. Yes I know putting the ball in play at least gives you a chance. But teams had did that this year against AC. St. Stephens played us tough both times. There were several other close games. In those games, we made the plays. Our defense had been solid all year, not just because Chelsea struck out everybody. I will agree with you on one thing. We did get rattled. After LN scored 2 runs, we kind of acted like we thought it was over. We threw the ball around like it was a hot potato. I gave Lake Norman credit. Last year we made mistakes too, but we overcame them. Last night we dug too big of a hole to do that. I was not taking anything away from Lake Norman. They're a very good ballteam, the best we played all year, and will win state if they play like they did last night. I wish them the best of luck.

7. softballphreak

softballphreak Full Access Member

Not as familiar with these teams as most posters on here but from what I do know this seems to be a good example of why we need a double-elimination format.

Post some opinions on the NCAA-style format in the recent thread on double elimination.

From what I've been reading about all the good players in the West I'm also thinking we might need to bus some of those kids East to create a little diversity.

8. Coach S

Coach S Coach S

Lake Norman

Like I said on the earlier post. Congrats to Lake Norman. It is the coaches responsibility to teach players to handle pressure situations, and that rests on my shoulders and my shoulders only. We work hard at AC to put pressure in practice... but I must work smarter and harder to ensure the players perform. Lake Norman is a class act, very good coaches, KP threw an outstanding game. It was a great atmosphere for HS Softball . 800 screaming fans got to see a thriller. We will be back. Thanks for everyone that came out.

9. viking1

viking1 Full Access Member

I heard that Millbrooks Kayleigh Bruek tore her ACL again. Can anyone confirm this for me. She is a great kid.

10. justsoftball

justsoftball Full Access Member

3A East

Western Harnett 5
    Ledford 2

WP - Taylor Haines with 3K's, allowed 7 hits, 2 ER
    LP - Kristen Murphy with 2 K's, 2BB, 1HBP, 9 hits, 5 ER

Cape Fear 2
    Laney 1

2 solo home runs by Cape Fear moves them on to Sectional Round. WTG Girls!

Last edited: May 27, 2010