1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2010 Senior Legion State Champions -- Kernersville

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by JM15, Jul 13, 2010.

1. tools

tools Full Access Member

WOW, was pulling for K-Ville but did not expect a blow-out.

Congratulations to K-Ville, Lose the first game in the regional, and then win it all

2. Respectthegame

Respectthegame Full Access Member

That is correct, here are more details on the Game 1 pattern.

Round 1 - trailed 4-0 hit a gram slam to tie the game and trailed 7-5 late. Came back to win 8-7. Won series 2-0

Round 2 - trailed 10-3 going into the ninth, scored 9 runs in the 9th and held on to win 12-11. Won series 3-0

Round 3 - Lost 11-1 in 7 innings. Won series 3-1

Area Championship - Lost 12-5. Won series 3-1

State Championship - Lost 11-0. Won tournament 5-1

Maybe the Kernersville coach should throw a position player Game 1 of the regionals, then go to work!!:whoosh2:

3. pirate

pirate Full Access Member

Kenersville Romp

I have seen some good Legion teams in my time but never one who romped through a tournment like Kenersville did. I never had much doubt about them winning after watching them beat up Rowan County. They never 10-run ruled Rowan but show them who was better. I would be interested to know from the Kernersville players or coaches who they thought was the best team they faced all year.

4. Respectthegame

Respectthegame Full Access Member

Top teams faced this season in alphabetic order - Burlington, Cary, Cherryville, Mooresville, Randolph Co, Rowan Co, South Rowan, Western Forsyth; some other teams were just as talented or more talented but did not play as a team. That is as far as I will go down that slippery slope!:cold:

5. Boxman

Boxman Full Access Member

Congratuations Post 36!!!!!!!!!:N1yeeaah:

Truely the best team won!

I'll be setting up the SE Regional site to keep up with their results.

I loved every inning of the tourney. Glad I could blog the tourney and see it all develop!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  6. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Congrats to Kernersville,,,,,, I got to see them several different times, both 1st games that they lost to South Rowan and Rowan County (I came home thinking they were done those nights), but then I saw them come back and clearly outpitch and outhit both South and Rowan Co the rest of those series.

Whatever it is about those 1st games, at least when they get it together, they look pretty strong. Good Luck in the SE Regionals to them.

7. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Btw, to anyone, when is the last time (if ever since the double-elim tourney format started in 2000), has a team ever got mercy-ruled in 1st game only to come all the way back thru loser's bracket and be state champs?

Pretty sure this is a unique first.

8. weyco2000

weyco2000 Full Access Member

My God the field was was plastic! Is that the best the state has? How is that gonna effect K'ville in the SE region, playing on real dirt and grass. These fields are built to make money, because they require no maintenance. Just go stand on one at about 2 pm and you will quickly realize how unnatural these fields are, it's about 120+ degrees. The bounces are not true, the batter has no footing and the baserunner has no "grip". There is a reason MLB is going back to natural grass, because it's how baseball is supposed to be played. Good luck Kernersville!

:th_90edab00: