1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2012 SPC Preseason Predictions

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by LOLLIE, Oct 28, 2011.

1. LOLLIE

LOLLIE Full Access Member

Would like to see some high school from Cabarrus County step up and have their own county wide fall league. I would be happy to get involved to help run it, I just need the coaches and facility support. Private message me if you'd like to get this off the ground.

2. jumpstart

jumpstart Member

J.M. Robinson- Comes down to whether or not they can support the pitching staff. Koerner and Perry are as good a 1-2 punch as any in the conference, but can they hit and field enough to support them? Sarvis is a good coach and Hartsell is a guy I really respect....but they need to replace the most senior-dominated lineup in the SPC from a year ago.

Brody Koerner is the best HS pitcher I've seen in years. I can't see anyone beating him regardless of who's hitting or fielding. He may win 1-0, but he'll win.:biggthumpup:

3. athenry22

athenry22 Full Access Member

2012 Greater Charlotte Hot Stove League Dinner Finalists Named

How great is that 2 of the 4 finalists for player of the year in greater Charlotte come from the SPC........ Congrats to Cory Seager ( Northwest ) and Travis Watkins ( Cox Mill ) for their nominations, it should be a fun season for sure !!!!!!!!

Also, Brody Koerner ( JM Robinson ) is also one of the 4 finalist for pitcher of the year...........congrats to Brody and congrats to the SPC conference !

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  4. athenry22

33 days to go........

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  5. jd2350

jd2350 Full Access Member

22 days and counting.

6. jd2350

Only a week away from the beginning of baseball season. Some preseason predictions have been posted, lets hear about teams strengths and weaknesses. The Trojan outfield has two spots to fill as well as finding #2 and #3 starting pitchers. Wethington and Hagl threw some good innings last year but both will need to step it up. Dixon had a good year on JV but was inconsistent, he should mature into a quality reliever. The infield will by far be the biggest strength with Seager, Smith, Bigham, Hogue and Hubbard. The first four in the lineup should swing the bats well but the bbcor will make things alot more interesting especially early as everyone gets accustomed to the new bats.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  7. athenry22

agreed Weyco .........

8. ktownfan

ktownfan Junior Member

Jordan Goodman should play 1St when Weston Pitches and he will probably DH. Jordan will surprise everyone this year this kid can really hit and is a great kid.

9. jd2350

My initial thought was Kyle Rohan would play first but I understand he suffered a knee injury in basketball and I'm not sure if he'll even be available. Goodman has suffered knee injuries the last two years, if he is available, will he remain healthy for the entire year? It seems that once a knee is injured, the likely hood of re-injury grows.

10. LOLLIE

LOLLIE Full Access Member

Trojans batting lineup is fierce, i don't care what kind of bats they swing.
    1.Holub
    2.Bigham
    3.Seager
    4.Smith
    5.Hogue
    6.Goodman
    7.Wethington
    8.Rohan or Keziah
    9.Greyson Miller

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012