1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2013 Dirtbags baseball committs

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by LOLLIE, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Baylee Duckdog

Baylee Duckdog Full Access Member

Heed advice of those in authority

Once again, way off point and I won't reply. Don't mistake anyone's pride and excitement for kids getting a chance to realize their dream with arrogance. You have let your mind wander too far off the path and your personal opinion on showcase cloud what should be a celebration of accomplishment for the players.

Don't be so bitter and disgusted. It takes far too much energy. What point are you trying to prove anyway?

It is time to follow the advice of the authority on male ego....the wife...and stop posting unless you want to celebrate the accomplishment. How about cheering for some of your players who have realized the dream too? We'll celebrate with you.

2. catcher10

catcher10 Full Access Member

Mind Reader. BDD, you must have ESPN!

3. catcoach

catcoach Full Access Member

Never mind....

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  4. throw 90

throw 90 Full Access Member

Seager

I saw that Corey signed for 2.35 mill That is awesome! Another dream came true from hard work!

5. BaseballMomma

BaseballMomma Junior Member

Dirtbags 2013

As I have read all of the comments on this one particular post, it is actually pretty funny that so many people can be so, well itchy about one subject. Why is it that when someone posts something about a SPC player going to college, nothing is really said. But one person post the same thing about the Dirtbags and everyone has an opinion on why they should or should not post this? Several of you have posted some excellant points, all of these ball players earned the right to be asked to go to college somewhere special. SPC and the Dirtbags are great organizations to be involved with, but they are just 2 of many. The coaches and people involved getting these players seen is amazing. Leave it at that and let the players enjoy their success. There is nothing wrong with the Dirtbags or SPC people posting their teams success. The funny thing really is that most of the players in both organizations actually get along really well and like each other. Leave them alone and everyone just get along. :flower:

6. Prepster

Prepster Full Access Member

+1

:2thumbsup:

The sheer statistics; that is, the small proportion of high school players who go on to play any level of college baseball, suggest that any player who makes a college roster is pretty special. They're extremely deserving of our praise here; regardless of where they might have played before college.

Welcome to the board as a contributor, BaseballMomma!

7. throw 90

throw 90 Full Access Member

You Are Right

These young men are very special and do respect each other a lot! They hang out together no matter what team is on the front of the shirt! I am honored to have coached against and for these players. I have had the honor to watch a lot of the 2012 players since they were 9 and to see them develop into great ball players and even better men has been very special to me! They have all worked hard and now are going to live a dream!

8. BaseballMomma

BaseballMomma Junior Member

Thank you Prepster for the welcome, and Throw 90 - I personally have never coached any of ball player in my life. But being a mom and exposed to this sport for 13 years, I have learned alot by watching and listening. You are absolutely right to say that these young men are special. I know a good many of the 2012 kids but mine is a 2013 and I know a lot of those young men and they are really an amazing group of boys. I love the fact that over the years I havent heard any really bad things about any of these kids 2012 and 2013. I am proud and honored to have been a part of some of their lives.

9. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

Good Read

I will keep my opinions to myself. Your welcome Braves.

10. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

:acclaim::trophy: