1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2nd Round American Legion Playoff Scores

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by tj21, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Dynasty07

Dynasty07 Full Access Member

Pineville 337 - 6
    Asheville - 1

WP: Layman

Matt Layman pitched a gem tonight as a 2-1 game turned into a 6-1 game in the bottom of the 8th, when 337 put up 4 runs, led by charles bradley's HR, to shut the door. 337 is a little banged up afew keys guys either out with injuries or out of town but laymans performance tonight really gave 337 a lift and he won that game for them. game 2 tom. night at AC Reynolds

2. Archangel

Archangel The Director

Braves and other's, i'll have on tan shorts and navy/tan hat with an alligator on it. I'll have my liitle one with me.

3. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Archangel and Braves,,,,,, here's a recommendation,,,,, bring lawn chairs.

The seating was completely taken Friday night, but if you've ever been to A.L.Brown HS baseball field there's an excellent view on top of each hill running down each foul line, as long as you bring your own lawn chair. In fact the hills were full too this past Friday night, but there's plenty of room out there, and an excellent view. If your like me, I can't stand watching a ballgame having to look through a stupid fence.

My "boss" often sends me way down the foul-line couple times each game thinking she's putting me in the penalty box,,,, but actually I enjoy the view there, and you can still yell at the umps from down there too.... :ylsuper: ....not that I would ever do that...:victoryg:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  4. Archangel

Archangel The Director

Nice to see you tj21. When the little ask to go home at the top of the 7th Kannapolis was leading 3 to 1.

5. MOOSE

MOOSE Full Access Member

middle of the seventh caldwell14 shelby5

6. Boxman

Boxman Full Access Member

Rowan County 7
    Kannapolis 3

looks like Ketner and Sherrill will have to Get R Done the next 2 games!

7. rk47497

rk47497 rk47497

NEWELL BEATS CHERRYVILLE!!!!!

Newell played the game of their lives tonight as they put a whoopin on Cherryville 5-2 to tie the series. Tyler Kirkpatrick went all nine innings as the winning pitcher. Probably his first start since little league turned out pretty well. The deciding run was scored by Evan Taylor when he hit a MONSTER HOME RUN to put Newell on top for GOOD. The next game is tomorrow night in Cherryville.

8. K-Town-Yankee

K-Town-Yankee Full Access Member

Boxman....I wish Ketner and Sherrill could come back on very short rest but I doubt they will.Look for Little to pitch tomorrow night for Kannapolis.If they can get it back to Kannapolis for game 5 then look for Ketner to get the ball and possibly Sherrill also before the game is over.Kannapolis has their backs to the wall.Gant is one very good coach and Kannapolis..........well I just won't go there.

9. Eagles 1313

Eagles 1313 Full Access Member

Rockingham Co. 4
    Kernersville 8

WP: Michael Mabe
    SV: Kenny Swab

Kernersville was up 8-0 going into the 9th and got a little relaxed and gave up some runs and Swab came in and got the final 2 outs

Kernersville awaits a winner...Kannapolis if they win and if Rowan wins, then Stanly County if they win...either way....Kernersville will play away Thrusday night

10. CPCbaseball

CPCbaseball Full Access Member

Eagles1313....how is Eli Robbins? I know he got hurt in the first round. Hope everything is ok and good luck in the next round!

Area III Game three scores.

KERNERSVILLE 8 KERNERSVILLE WINS 3-0
    ROCCKINGHAM 4

ASHEBORO 12 ASHEBORO WINS 3-0
    WINSTON SALEM 9

STANLEY CO 11 STANLEY WINS 3-0
    SOUTH ROWAN 3

KANNAPOLIS 3
    ROWAN CO 7 ROWAN LEADS 2-1

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006