1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2nd Round American Legion Playoff Scores

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by tj21, Jul 7, 2006.

1. jccunc1

jccunc1 29ers Fan

Gaston 4
    Burke 0

Gaston Wins 3-2.

2. JM15

JM15 Moderator

Area 1
    East: Edenton vs Pitt County (Greenville)
    West: Durham Post 7/Roxboro Post 138 vs Garner

Round 3 gets underway most likely this weekend

3. PersonRocketDad

PersonRocketDad Moderator

Garner vs. Durham in next round

Durham defeated Roxboro Post 138 last night in game 5 of there series. Durham will now face Garner and I beleive the series will start Friday night at Garner.
    Garner is very good and have a strong pitching staff. They also swing the bats well.
    Durham swings the bats very well and have some speed to put pressure on the defense once they get runners aboard.
    Could be a good series but I give the edge to Garner and there pitching as Durham could be limited with there bull pen.
    Good Luck to all !!!!

4. JM15

JM15 Moderator

Durham 7's head coach, is a former player of Garner Post 232. Pretty cool that Coach Edwards is facing his former coach, Moe Barbour, in the Area 1 West Championship series.

Should be a good series.

5. Bottom9

Bottom9 Banned From TBR

K'town

Wow, So you are saying that k'town went about 25-5 in the regular season and finished first in the division, made it to the third round and are now up
    1-0 in the series, and are poorly coached. You are full of yourself. Anyone can coach from the dang stands. You aint nothing but a back seat driver. I respect Gant and I think he is a great coach, but you put all the emphasis on coaching, then tell me why Rowan's boys and getting ready for football season. When you win it's "Wow those kids can really play," and when you lose it's "those coaches suck." You aint nothing but a typical parent.

6. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

KTY is a nice guy ('cept for the Yankees thing and that little stunt he pulls about killing a pint of Rum right before each game.) I dont think he has any kids playing either but I could be wrong. I do know this, he loves Ktown ANYTHING and usually knows his stuff. We do tend to get carried away with our frustrations from time to time and maybe post from that mindset when we know better. If you can please get him banned I'll send you a 20 dollar bill or buy you a fish plate at the What-a-burger......and welcome to the board.

7. SUMO

SUMO Full Access Member

Great game in Cherryville

Last night was a great game in Cherryville with the post 100 team winning a very exciting 4 to 3 ball game. Cherryville pitcher Wayne McDonald struck out 11 batters and went the distance for post 100. Pineville played a whale of a game but just come up short. The plate ump was very inconsistent with his strike zone the whole night. Both teams suffered from this!:dead-hors :hmmmm:

8. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

not to get caught up into your beef with K-town... but the Rowan guys are practicing football because of i think 2 or 3 walks and a hit batter by the Rowan pitchers...

and i'm pretty sure the Kannapolis Coach had his players taking until they had to swing..

9. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

"LOL":banned:

a fish plate from what a burger ???:wtf23:

10. Bottom9

Bottom9 Banned From TBR

Intimidator Caoch

Yeah, that is called 9th inning pressure and that is also called a choke by Rowan. And if they did take a pitch in the 9th, it sure worked. BAll Ball Ball Ball Ball. Don't try to say K'town didn't earn that win. :ylsuper: