1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2nd Round State Playoff Scores

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by whspioneers, May 10, 2008.

1. Stretchlon

Stretchlon Stars

Congrats on a fine year

Get to the Finals and I will say hello as I am on the dish at 7 pm.

2. Connie Mackeral

Connie Mackeral Full Access Member

The umps obviously didn't know the rule and were not going to let him re-enter and the FV coach told them it would be played under protest. So as not to get embarrassed in front of their superiors, the HP ump made the bad call so the DH never got a chance to hit.

3. blackjackwally

blackjackwally Premium Member

Gotta give Sanderson's pitcher credit. He dug himself a hole early and did an excellent job of taking the Raiders #1 hitter out of the game by beaning him and breaking his nose with some high heat after he jacked a two run blast in the first inning. Congrats.

4. spartanball

spartanball Full Access Member

Hitting Richmond Batter?

If I am not mistaken (I know for a fact) the batter turn into a high fast ball (not away) and the ball hit is hand. The ball then bounced off his hand and hit him in the nose.
    If you report something report it correctly.
    An yes the pitcher (Mark Peterson) deserves lots of credit for completely shutting down Richmond after the back to back home runs.

5. Back Seat Coach

Back Seat Coach Member

RE: Hitting Richmond Batter

Thanks John, for some factual reporting. From the pitcher's Dad here, MR. Blackjackwally, if you read the Rockingham paper today you would think my son threw at the young man. The reporter either wasn't there or he is blind.

My son was behind in the count, the batter knew he was going to get a fast ball, was sitting on it and was actually trying to check his swing and that is why it hit him. Our trainer was concerned that the young man may have broken a bone in his wrist where the ball hit. How do I know, I checked with her because we were concerned about him.

Get your facts right!! My son got hit during the game too. Should I be suggesting something about that? No....it was a curve that didn't curve even if it was near his head.

6. blackjackwally

blackjackwally Premium Member

Call it what you will, but I saw what I saw. That's all I have to say about the matter. It's over.

7. chinmusic22

chinmusic22 The Sheriff

Being a pitcher myself, in a game close like the Richmond-Sanderson game was, no one would want to give the opposing team a free base. It is uncalled for to be accusing the pitcher of hitting him intentionally. I know him personally and have for a long time. I cannot recall ONCE from when we were 12, him throwing at anyone intentionally. I was not there, but have spoken with him about the incident. It was a 2-seam fastball that ran in more than he wanted it to. End of story, nothing intentional.

8. Connie Mackeral

Connie Mackeral Full Access Member

I guess the umps didn't know the rule and it was easier to make a bad call on the third strke than to face a protest of their game.

9. thebreeze

thebreeze Full Access Member

The DH should have been allowed to reenter when his spot came back up. As for the hit batter in the Sanderson-Richmond game, that pitch did not look intentional. Peterson missed up and in several times. He wasn't afraid to throw inside after those bombs he gave up in the 1st.

10. redbirdfan

redbirdfan Full Access Member

Hopewell over Greensboro Grimsley

Hopewell 5 - Grimsley - 3

WP - Lane
    LP - Rose

Score is indicative of the tight game. Hopewell had 7 hits with 2 errors; Grimsley had 4 hits with 2 errors. Sophomore Hunter May got the start for the Titans, but struggled with the strike zone, only lasting a couple of innings. Lane came in and pitched extremely well - his first outting on the mound since returning from an ankle injury. (The other two seniors, White and McGee were still out and did not play, due to their ankle injuries.) Lane hit his spots and kept the Whirlies off-stride for the remainder of the game. Keith Prowse's HR, and key hits by Kaleb Combs and Tyler Auten secured the win for the Titans. There was a good crowd there from both teams and some fun "heckling" going on by both fan groups, making the tight game even more fun and eventful. Hopewell prepares for the mighty Panthers to come calling on Friday.