1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2nd Round State Playoff Scores

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by whspioneers, May 10, 2008.

1. Sportsfan08

Sportsfan08 Junior Member

Watauga

Thanks for the support wataguabomber13, but Watauga is actually spelled W-A-T-A-U-G-A. Sorry to hear your report - I was there and didn't witness any fans arguing and thought the announcer was very good - he even publicly complimented Tyler Moore's outstanding performance. Not something you normally hear an announcer do for the opposing team. I was impressed.

2. wfufan13

wfufan13 Banned From TBR

great season to the eagles.......

21-6.....conference champs

tough loss tonight, watauga hit well!

good luck seniors on your future endeavors

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  3. rocket

rocket Full Access Member

East Rutherford 6
    Brevard 4

WP - Cullen Park 10-3

Seth Baldwins walkoff 2-run HR in the bottom of the 7th advances the Cavs. It was Baldwins 9th HR this year (36 rbi).

ER : 19-7

4. BaseballMan

BaseballMan Full Access Member

The plate ump was, um, um, um, struggling, yea thats it. Started the night with a saucer sized zone and by the end of the night it was about five inches off both corners. I will say that he was pretty equal in his struggles though. The kid that reached before FV's homer was absolutely struck out and the guy just wouldn't ring him up.
    This ump had a really annoying routine where he would say strike to the batter but wouldn't signal a strike for at least five seconds after the pitch. That made the crowd especially in tune to his "struggles" with the strike zone.

5. RO/CO

RO/CO Full Access Member

Does anyone know who pitched for Lake Norman in there win over SW Guilford?

6. Eagles 1313

Eagles 1313 Full Access Member

Watauga flat out swung the sticks tonight. They did not make a mistake and every move Coach Hardee made was perfect. It was a perfect call when in the top of the 3rd up 2-1, Coach Hardee pinch hit with Jake Wallace and boy did Wallace deliever. Wallace cranked a 2-2 curve ball over the rightcenter wall and basically took all the wind out of East. East just took the lead in the bottom of the 3rd on Luke Dunlap's sac fly. Sophomore Garrett Martin was 3 for 4 for the Eagles tonight and showed some promise because he hit 3 curve balls for hits and that probably went completely against Watauga's scouting report because when Watauga came to the Conference Championship game, Martin didn't sniff a curve. Overall, Watauga is a class act team, and a class act program. They have been ever since I actually played against them from 2001-2003.

The Eagle seniors did something this year that no one thought they would do. Win the Conference, go to the playoffs, win a playoff game. This Eagle team was the first team since Alec Zumwalt and company to win 20 games in a season...that is since 1998 and also the first team to win back to back conference championships since 1998. Ryan Dull set a new East Forsyth record for wins in a season (11-1) and for ERA 0.48 in 73 innings pitched, which was the most innings pitched by anyone in the state up to this point. The Eagles will sorely miss Dull and Robby Swab next year, but the FUTURE looks very bright as East will return all but 3 starters and the majority of the pitching staff!! Watch out for the Eagles next year...it's going to be exciting!!

East finishes at 20-6

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  7. itslife

itslife Full Access Member

I did not see that?

You know how you come away from a game sometimes just really liking the other team. That is the way I felt last night walking away from East Forsyth. Class act Team, Class act Fans, very friendly announcer. These guys can flat out play ball. Won by six but never felt that the game was over until the last out. Great meeting the Eagles and hope not to have them on the schedule next year!!

I did not hear any fans yelling at each other. Heard a lot of yelling toward the umpires. Not that they actually missed a lot of calls but making a call before the play was done, telling the team to make an official appeal and when done incorrectly twice still gave them the out, impossible to find strike zone. The first two were the right calls done wrong but the strike zone was what helped with all the homeruns and walks. At least it kept it interesting. Blue, curve balls drop through the strike zone and just because the batter jumps does not make it a ball! There were some nice curve balls from both teams last night and not one called a strike. Sorry, wrong place for my soap box!

8. thebreeze

thebreeze Full Access Member

1A Independent

Kerr Vance 6
    Wayne Country Day 4
    WP-Tyler Bolton
    Jordan Elliott 3-run home run

1-A NCHSAA
    Camden 7
    Louisburg 3

As usual, sloppy outfield play for the Warriors.

9. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

There it is. A testament to show everyone that despite obstacles in front of you, if you stay positive and work hard, you can overcome those obstacles and have a day to remember.

I am as happy for Jake Wallace as I am for the Pioneers.

It's nice to read about how classy the East Forsyth supporters and team are.

10. west boy

west boy Full Access Member

Well I would imagine it wasn't Lomascola, because he will probably pitch Friday against East Rowan. Corbin Shive should be going for East.