1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2nd Week of Stat leaders posted

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by RobMill, Apr 6, 2009.

1. RobMill

RobMill Full Access Member

2. Stanlysoftball

Stanlysoftball Full Access Member

COACHES DON'T CARE

Looking at these stats, just goes to show that there are "some" coaches out there. That only do what they do for just a paycheck and don't send in the info that would be beneficial to the girl down the road, I know of 2 personally. Where are players from any of the other ranked teams in all the 4 divisions. Surely SWR or AC has a player batting .500 or with 4 wins? These girls work hard to try and win a conference or state title for their school and would wants to see their name in the paper or on a web site with some positive coments or stats. Some college coaches do check these stats when keeping up with a player they are recruiting...... I hope all the ones on the stat web site have great years......... OK I'm through venting....

3. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

4. Homer3

Homer3 Full Access Member

Mostly Fiction!

I would bet 75% of high school stats are pure fiction anyway. Too many managers and parents who really don't understand scoring or the game are keeping stats.

And most college coaches know the high schools where they can trust the stats given to them. The rest they just ignore.

College coaches get much of what they need on a player when they watch the players they are interested in play showcase ball in the summer. They are also more likely to trust the stats from reputable travel teams they have worked with in the past.

5. Toots

Toots Junior Member

Mostly fiction

I agree with Homer on this. People who get hung up on the stats on ncpreps need to take it for what it is. Maybe not in all cases but for instance our scorekeeper doesn't understand what a sac bunt is or a fielder's choice for that matter so the stats are skewed. I don't even pay attention to it anymore. Like Homer says, college coaches will make up their on mind about a player without looking at bogus stats.

6. CatchersDad

CatchersDad Senior Member

It's HS Ball!

Strong conference, weak conference, good coaching, bad coaching, good officials and bad ones...................relax it's just HS Ball!:rotflmao:

7. Neutralblue

Neutralblue Banned From TBR

Four players for Mt. Pleasant batting over .600, 7 out of the 28 runs scored leaders are from Mt. Pleasant...Holy Cow! IF this is true this team should be ranked number 1 in 2A.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  8. RobMill

Allison Starnes

Just wanted to add to Rodney's comment because I dont think she gets the credit she derserves. Allison Starnes is absolutely one of the best hitters you will ever see play this game. She batted +.600 last season in high school ball and only had 3 strikeouts all year. It is such a treat watching her play out her senior season at Mount Pleasant. I think even she would admit that she has been challenged more by her team mates than ever before in the hittinng department. But WOW has she responded. 3 HR's in just the last two games alone.

Allison is bombarded all the time with questions about playing at the next level but I do have to say that while it is a disappointment that she is not going to play college ball I am so proud of her for being decisive about what she wants to do and that is to be a great student!!!

Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to give props to Allison and she has led our team to 13-0 start! Great job Allison and keep it up Tigers!!!

9. RobMill

Shhhhh.......

Young team trying to stay under the radar :^) Only one senior playing right now.

10. UNC1

UNC1 Member

Don't they play Ledford Saturday ?